My Friends' Motorcycles (Laredo, TX)

Aeon_Blue

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey!! So yeah, I thought I'd post up a couple of pics of my good riding buddies down here in Laredo, Tx. For those who don't know where that is...We are almost as far south as possible on the Texas map. Right near Mexico.....

Well, enjoy :D

Angelozx6.jpg

This is Angelo's '07 6R
BOOTYzx6.jpg

"Booty" and his '04 636
TrineGSXR.jpg

Trine's '07 Gixxer stunta
DragKnee.jpg

PJ's '06 636
R6.jpg

MY Yamaha R6s after my 12 'o clock accident =/
LillyZx6.jpg

Of course..Lily (Angelo's GF) had to buy the same Yr/Model as him =P

Draggin' knee without sliders is kinda painful.

And how did you have an accident?

wheelie.jpg

Jorge's ZZR600
EddieGSXR.jpg

Eddie's '03 GSXR 600
f4.jpg

This is my little sisters' Honda F4. It's my old stuntbike. She's been learning on it. >.<

Any of you guys mind sharing some pics of your bikes too??

My buddy was wearing knee pads underneath. But still...shame on him!!

I had an accident last year in June. I was out practicing wheelies for a upcoming show on July 4th. I spent a few hours in the lot before deciding to call it quits. My friends and I were tired. I decided to do ONE LAST WHEELIE. I know I should've gone with my gut instinct not to but....I brought the front end up in a standup wheelie and was moving smoothly across the lot, giving nice, even throttle movements. Then at one point I hear the tail of the R6 scrape and I paniced!! I had never dragged tail before!! As soon as I heard the scrape I gave it a lil too much throttle and looped it!! :spank:

I fell backwards and let go of the bike so it wouldn't fall on top of me. Thankfully it was caged and had slider spools my friends fashioned for me. I managed to break the front rim from the impact, cracked the coolant reservoir, and broke the fairing stay. Not toooo bad. I had it fixed within a month or so. However now, whenever I have a bad feeling...I REFUSE to wheelie.

BTW, I see you've got a Buell as well. :thumbup:

Hey man!! I see you're also from ATX!! I'll be heading up there with some friends from Laredo on July 2nd to celebrate my birthday. Maybe we can all meet up for a ride or something. I've never had a chance to ride up there..

But most importantly you look cool.

HAHAHA!!

I'm actually very happy that my friend bought full race leathers a few months after that. They may have very well saved his life. He had a truck T-BONE him 2 years ago. The bike was left in pieces. He suffered a shattered radius and his leathers managed to keep his skin intact. The truck passed a red light and smashed into him at about 60 MPH. I thank God my friend survived.

1 year later...He bought ANOTHER 636 and is happily back to riding =)

hmmm, those wheelie pics are all on public roads... :spank:
the FZ6 sure is one versatile machine, many people on this
site whom I have nothing in common with :D

May I ask what you're doing on an FZ6 forum?

Well, there's not really any particular reason as to why. I mean, I guess maybe there is...

My best friend just bought a FZ6. His very 1st bike. I know that sooner or later He'll have questions about it that I cannot answer. I thought joining the forum would help me along the way in educating him on his bike.

I've never ridden an FZ6. I've never had a chance to. But several of my friends down here use FZ's as stunt bikes since they've got an R6 motor. They just strip them down of the upper cowling and furnish a cage and a 12 bar and they get down to business. I'm curious about the FZ; what better place to learn but here? :thumbup:

hmmm, those wheelie pics are all on public roads... :spank:
the FZ6 sure is one versatile machine, many people on this
site whom I have nothing in common with :D

actually they were taken at the civic center parking lot down here. They have a straightaway that is long and smooth. Nobody practices on the streets anymore ;)

not too many stunters around here..

So I've noticed. But honestly, I'm not all about stunting. I enjoy long twisty roads and hours of riding. The stunt thing is something I do as a side deal. I like it...but I much prefer to hit the curves >.<

What part of Texas are you from man??

DFW area, ton of stunters here, a TON.. wheelies are a dime a dozen on our fwys and tollways... welcome, your friend will enjoy that FZ6

one hint, if he wants his bike to act like a sport bike, he may wanna stiffen up that suspension, hyperpro spring kits are good, ohlins rear shock helps as well, i hated the mushyness in mine, and it wouldnt turn like an r6

Well, there's not really any particular reason as to why. I mean, I guess maybe there is...

My best friend just bought a FZ6. His very 1st bike. I know that sooner or later He'll have questions about it that I cannot answer. I thought joining the forum would help me along the way in educating him on his bike.

I've never ridden an FZ6. I've never had a chance to. But several of my friends down here use FZ's as stunt bikes since they've got an R6 motor. They just strip them down of the upper cowling and furnish a cage and a 12 bar and they get down to business. I'm curious about the FZ; what better place to learn but here? :thumbup:

Cool, enjoy!

There wouldn't happen to be endless amounts of straight, flat, boring roads where you live, would there?

Naaa..not really. I have managed to sniff out every single set of curves down here. And if I get bored, I can venture up to San Antonio or Austin or Leakey. Lots of hill country and lots of curves =)

Back