My FZ gained 20hp lol, Lowered Spencer Comfort Seat, & FZ6R Bars Today :)

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have been on the search for comfort since i ride this bike every day.

First Mod: Spencer Mod Comfort Seat Lowered about an Inch.

Cost: $111 total. $18 bucks shipping from San Diego to Florida, then $18 return shipping. $75 for the Supra Core comfort material and custom lowering and ergo modification.

Result: HIGHLY recommend this mod. Im not sure how it compares to other more expensive seats since I have no experience with those. But with the stock seat, my butt would hurt about 15-20 min into the ride. With this seat I have gone a good two hours with very slight discomfort if any at all. NO Heat, and Easy Peasy to slide around on it. The Material feels just like stock and the seat looks stock but is wayyyy more comfortable.

Lowering also HIGHLY recommended. It was a free mod when i did this, the seat looks exactly like stock. I was actually skeptical it was lowered at all, until i sat on it and could feel the difference immediately. My feet weren't straining my calves on both sides anymore but I was now comfortably on the balls of my feet. I am 5'6" with a 29" inseam.

I kid you not but i can definitely do u turns, slow maneuvers, and general controlling of the bike much better with the lowering. When i press up against the tank with my toes on the pegs i use to feel like the tank was too low and pressed against the top inside of my legs. Now it feels just right. I bet this mod would benefit anyone short or tall. Maybe even more for us shorties if combined with the lowering springs.

Here are the pics of the best packaging possible courtesy of Gpostarmy who sent me his stock seat in this box.

CIMG1162.jpg

CIMG1163.jpg

CIMG1164.jpg

CIMG1165.jpg

Spencer Seat, new staples and looking good.

CIMG1166.jpg

CIMG1167.jpg

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
20hp gained LOL: So I have been experience really bad hand cramps and outside palm pains from 30 min rides lately. So i bought the FZ6R bars to alleviate the pain. Taking off my old grips my throttle grip slid off very easily with a bunch of goop under and inside of it..................So guess what, this WHOLE TIME I have been riding my bike the throttle grip has been slipping slightly. I never noticed it because it was a slight slip on stops releasing the throttle and braking, and im a new rider so i wasnt sure what its supposed to feel like (i thought it was throttle slack). Also on starts from stop lights but only when it was hot so on the rides home from work.

Anyways i took off the grips and cleaned them with wd40 and then put them back on with extra hold hair spray. HOLY MOLY what a difference. It feels like a completely new bike. Lots of power, starts are easy. Seems to have solved my jerky throttle issue when shifting, I can now starts on hills no problem because the throttle actually responds to my minimal wrist movement......

It really does feel like i got 20hp on the bike!!!! Before when i would give it gas it felt like i had to really twist it to go anywhere (which i did). Now it responds and responds well, very happy with the power of this bad boy.

Second Mod: Stock FZ6R Handle Bars

Cost: $45 Shipped, Super easy to find someone over there who has upgraded their bars.

Result: This is the hard part because my cramped hands were most likely the result of holding the throttle so tight to get it to move. And im too lazy to take off the bar again and do a proper test with the stock bar. That being said. This bar is exactly like the fz6 bar just about an inch more forward on the outside ends (see pics). Yes my hands did not hurt very much if at all BUT this could be because I have properly attached grips now.

It turns great and is very comfortable. I should be keeping these for awhile since I did not want the forward super forward position of the FZ1 bars because of my occasional lower back pains. So for now this keeps the stock height and is more comfortable. Later i may change to FZ1 bars with SW Motech Risers.

Here are pics (Please Excuse My Rusty OEM Bars lol, My bike used to live on the beach with the previous owner)

CIMG1202.jpg

CIMG1201.jpg

CIMG1199.jpg

CIMG1198.jpg

CIMG1203.jpg

Finished Product:

CIMG1206.jpg

I have Super Bike Pro Gel Grips on my bike right now. I just reused them, but I did buy these Rally Pillow grips. They are much thicker and have a hump in the middle. I didnt put them on yet because i wanted to see if the bars made a difference with the same grips. They came highly recommended by another rider. He said they take getting used to but get rid of most handle bar vibrations and he loves them. Thoughts????

CIMG1205.jpg

Coming Soon: Custom Motogiro Exhaust, Techspec middle and side tank Snake Skin pads next week. Maybe paint my extra windshield black??

Last edited:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
As she sits now

CIMG1207.jpg

Whats been done since purchased about 2.5 months ago as my first bike:
New used windshield
New used brake pedal
New used radiator plates
New Rear Pilot Road 2 tire
Throttle bodies synced
New Shorty Arrow Led front and rear turn signals (removed flush mount fronts, and added to rear integrated turns)
Motogiro dual headlight mod
Chemiker Lube kit on throttle and brake cables
New fork seals and 15w Oil
New used rear hugger
Spencer Mod Seat
Ebay Silver adjustable levers
FZ6R bars

:rockon:

Last edited:

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! I've been strongly considering the Spencer seat, but I don't want to part with my seat for the few days! D:

I'm not a fan of the stock hadlebar ergos either, so I'm gonna be modding a stock triple clamp and going with clip-ons. :thumbup:

Glad you figured out the jerky throttle, by the way!

Last edited:

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! I've been strongly considering the Spencer seat, but I don't want to part with my seat for the few days! D:

I'm not a fan of the stock hadlebar ergos either, so I'm gonna be modding a stock triple clamp and going with clip-ons. :thumbup:

Glad you figured out the jerky throttle, by the way!

yea i couldnt let go of my seat either lol, thats why i bought one off here to use while mine was gone for two weeks. I may sell it on here again but havent decided yet.