My FZ6 and the Two Bro Exhaust and P1's

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some video footage of the FZ6 doing pass-by's. First and second pass were at around 7500 RPM while the last past was at 6500 RPM. Enjoy....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCoLYBzVW2c"]FZ6 with Two Brother Exhaust[/ame]

Last edited:

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for posting this. I am very undecided between the Leo Vince's and the Two Brothers. The only thing thats stopping me from going for one or the other is the NOISE LEVEL. From the video it actually doesnt sound too loud even though the motorcycle is quite far away, but still... I live about 10 minutes from the freeway and sometimes I can hear sport bikes drive by. I hope they dont have two bros.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great vid! Did you just park the camera on the side of the road? :rof: Trusting soul!

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great vid! Did you just park the camera on the side of the road? :rof: Trusting soul!

I did. It was 9:30AM in the morning, sitting on a tripod a foot and a half off the ground on a road that leads to a mental hospital, on a stat holiday. I figured it was safe.

Note to self. Figure out how your equipment works before you head out to take videos. I was a little miffed this morning wondering why it only took 3 minutes of video and crappy resolution to boot. :eek: I had the camera on compact 160x120 15fps. Dooh :banghead: Oh well, not planning to repeat that over again. :( It was the sound I was after anyway.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did. It was 9:30AM in the morning, sitting on a tripod a foot and a half off the ground on a road that leads to a mental hospital, on a stat holiday. I figured it was safe.

Note to self. Figure out how your equipment works before you head out to take videos. I was a little miffed this morning wondering why it only too 3 minutes of video and crappy resolution to boot. :eek: I had the camera on compact 160x120 15fps. Dooh :banghead: Oh well, not planning to repeat that over again. :( It was the sound I was after anyway.

Don't feel bad... My first couple tries with the video camera mounted did not capture much of my rides. I discovered that it was set for two minutes if you weren't toying with the zoom and all. I finally figured out how to turn off the auto shutoff!

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn you, tempting me with with two bros exhaust. :justkidding:
I had a two bros on my old bike and am contemplating an after market exhaust on the FZ. Sounds good. :thumbup:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!!!...I love the TB's...just watchin' your clip makes me wanna go out and fire her up just to listen to the rumble....:)

TeamGreen

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the two brothers on my bike for two and a half years. Do yourself a favor and get the leo vince. The sound from the two bros. is LOUD even with the baffles installed. My neighbors are not happy with my FZ6 being so loud. i've also learned that the 2 bros. is at the lower end of the spectrum of quality anyways. I do like the kit that they sent for the fender eliminator though. The rear blinkers that they provide are junk... just replace them from the start.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Who told you they were at the lower end of the quality spectrum? They were found to be the highest perfomance exhaust for the R6 versus 20+ manufacturers and I've never heard of anyone on here having any quality issues with them. If you don't like it loud then honestly you should have done some research before buying them, it is very widely known that they are one of the loudest out there. Personally I love em.

Apollo

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BD you stated that was with the "P1" tip.......I remember reading that you exchanged your "P1R" tip for the "p1" tip with TB. But in searching I only can find a "P1" tip for the off road pipes......nothing for the fz6 pipes........

Can you enlighten me as I dont think the P1R will do it enough for me.

S

sportrider

cool video!!! you gotta do one more pass @ 14000 RPM :rockon::thumbup:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BD you stated that was with the \\\"P1\\\" tip.......I remember reading that you exchanged your \\\"P1R\\\" tip for the \\\"p1\\\" tip with TB. But in searching I only can find a \\\"P1\\\" tip for the off road pipes......nothing for the fz6 pipes........

Can you enlighten me as I dont think the P1R will do it enough for me.

The P1R tip was designed for the M series outlets, the specific TB outlet for the FZ6 is the M-2. The P1 tip is also meant for the M series as well, that's why it can fit in the M-2 outlet. Note the change of tip for the Kawasaki at the bottom of the FZ6 page from TB.

Two Brothers Racing : FZ6

In the side bar under the heading "Road" select "Spark/Sound Arrestor" and you get the following page.

Two Brothers Racing :sparksoundarrest-road

So the short version of my story is I called TB and told them after sound testing the P1R's they did not perform with the advertised -2 to -3dBA's, WTF. They then recommended the P1's which would be better for noise suspression. I asked about the outlet diameter on the P1's and confirmed that they were 1.5" diameter, smaller than the P1R's so I knew that they would be better so I asked to exchange which after some haggling, they agreed. I think I mentioned somewhere else in these forums that I did get an idle measurement reading of 83 to 85dBa of noise, which is easily 5dBa lower than the P1R's or nothing at all. My homemade 1" diameter silencers were only slightly lower.

Here is a photo of the packaging the P1's came in. It was just interesting that I couldn't find this dB rating chart, at the bottom right corner, on their website anywhere.