My insurance quote doubled cence last week?

I went and re-quoted the insurance on a FZ6 (was comapring it against a FZ1). ANYWAY the quote went from $440 a year to $860. The quotes were about a week apart. Every thing was the same on the application. SO uuhhhhh what did I miss? I am lost and have no Idea why it changed so drasticaly. ALSO the company that was slightly cheper than the others is now $300 more than the others - I just dont get it. :stupidpc:

WHat do you late 30 guys with perfect records pay for full insurance?

Lata, Arkangel77

I got quoted for full coverage here in Houston at about 800 a year. I went with liability, 105.

I will say this, I think the FZ6 does not fall under the category of a sportsbike, so the insurance should be much cheaper vs an R6 or some other 600cc bike.

According to Farmer's, it's a Sport Bike.

Still, I'm only paying about $350/yr for full coverage; late thirties, no moving violations in 15 years, give or take. Let me change that to "haven't been caught for any moving violations" before someone starts thinking I'm some kind of Sally. :p

My agent told me they didn't insure bikes.
Technically, Farmer's doesn't do motorcycles either, but if your insurance agent likes to make money like mine does, they'll have a company close at hand where they can get it for you.

Last edited:
Man, you're paying a fortune. I pay $460 per year for the Harley and the FZ6 combined and this is full coverage with a $500 deductible. They like me...

Yep, but we are talking Ontario, Canada... It is the best price I have found so far... I have not tried State Farm yet... My Truck policy is coming due in November... when it does, I'll see if State Farm wants to take my House, Truck and 2 bikes for a lower total rate...

I will say this, I think the FZ6 does not fall under the category of a sportsbike, so the insurance should be much cheaper vs an R6 or some other 600cc bike.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/140-insurance-costs.html

All depends on the company... I'm 33 no tickets accidents or claims. Nationwide Ins. Co. classified the FZ6 as a 600cc high performance bike and charged me $1400 a yr for comprehensive even after my long term customer, 3yr accident free, 5 yr accident free, def. driving, and MSF discounts and I have my auto and renters Ins through them. I went with Nationwide to get the bike OTD from the dealership then switched to a small company that specializes in MC's. I now pay $530/yr for comprehensive.
:Sport:

Yep, but we are talking Ontario, Canada... It is the best price I have found so far... I have not tried State Farm yet... My Truck policy is coming due in November... when it does, I'll see if State Farm wants to take my House, Truck and 2 bikes for a lower total rate...

State farm is what I have for the cages and house. They couldn't touch the price for the bikes though. I will admit the State Farm folks are awesome to deal with.

Just switched Home, Auto over to State Farm. That was because they quoted me $191.00 for a year on the FZ-6. Allstate couldn't touch that ($400) and I had been with them for 20 years. Oh Yeah 42 with zero crashes and tickets. (knock on wood).

I had State Farm for almost 25 years. I dropped them about 11 years ago after a disagreement over why my van wasn't covered when it was hit in a parking lot. For me, they were never competitive on the bike. Progressive has always been the cheapest for me here in Picktown. I have Nationwide for the house and cages now and SF can't come close to the rate I pay.

I paid $347 for a year with Pacific Specialty Insurance here in California, full coverage. I am 35, clean record.:thumbup:

Back