Convo with 2 bros about why my exhaust is turning yellow

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cliff, did you already get the Two Bros exhaust?

Uh huh....Titanium!

That's why I made the trip up to Santa Ana today. There was a CNC machined part that was incorrect. I'm glad I at least checked out my parts instead of just jumping in on the job.

They gave me a whole new set of 'X' rings to make sure the finish matched as well.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the "Standard" warranty period is 90 days, they do have the option to warranty things that the deem a fault in the workmanship of the product. But that is a judgement call of the tech that inspects the product.

there is too much weight being put on a 90 day warranty here. that just basically means that they will warranty anything at all, for any reason, without questions for 90 days.... after that they are basically just saying that they are going to ask questions...

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Uh huh....Titanium!

That's why I made the trip up to Santa Ana today. There was a CNC machined part that was incorrect. I'm glad I at least checked out my parts instead of just jumping in on the job.

They gave me a whole new set of 'X' rings to make sure the finish matched as well.
Nice! Not wasting a lot of time are you? =P Make sure you get a fuel controller too though. I don't think it's a good idea running open pipes without one - especially on a superbike.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! Not wasting a lot of time are you? =P Make sure you get a fuel controller too though. I don't think it's a good idea running open pipes without one - especially on a superbike.

The stock ECU and O2 sensor have you pretty much covered. P1X tips add a little back pressure. But yes, I have a controller. :D

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Hey YamahaMAXdRPM,

Got something that might interest you. On the weekend while I was doing my SS brake line install, I started by throughly cleaning the bike, including my CF cans. Aonce dry, I LIBERALY sprayed the cans with 303 Protectant (I've mentioend using it on CF several times in previous posts - kinda like Armourall but better). They brightend up a little bit.

After I was done with the brake lines, I put a towel over the rear wheel and once again liberally sprayed the cans, this time letting it drip and soak in withouth wiping it in. I let it sit for a while, then wiped it into the CF and then repeated the process. You could even soak some rags in 303 and drape them around your cans if you wish.

Well the results wre pretty damn good! Brought some good, deep shine back into them to the point that it is a noticable difference in shine and colour!!

Figured you might want to give this a shot. :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, in spite of knowing that the CF pipes would deteriorate, I got a set because it goes so darn well with my bike. I guess I'm just that vain LOL.

Max, I don't know much about the longevity of CF pipes, but 2k miles sounds really low. Mine have 3k miles on them and look perfect. It definitely doesn't sound like sun damage, as the whole can is yellowed, even under the seat, right? Is it both cans or just one? Lots of guys have reported just the right can getting discolored.

Something I can't get over is that your anodization is gone on your tip bolts??? Again, I'm not an expert, but that sounds like your exhaust is getting really hot. I've never heard of the anodization going away, on any kind of 2bros pipe.

Has anyone else here experienced this?

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Something else I can't get over is how good the CF looks under the rubber. It could just be the picture, but I find it odd that there is no yellowing under there (please tell me if I'm just seeing the picture wrong). Is the CF yellow under the rubber?

Is your bike ever stored in an area where it is exposed to harsh chemical vapors, like acids or organic solvents? Chemical oxidation by vapors could explain the rubber deterioration, the CF yellowing all around the can, possibly the anodization being gone, both cans being affected, and certainly the CF looking good under the rubber.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Leo Vince FTW! I just did a thorough inspection of mine and I am glad to report that after 15,000 miles, they do not look different than when I installed them (aside from the titanium tips having a bit of a heat discoloring which is normal).

Sorry, Two Brothers, Leo Vince has this one figured out.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it is a defect, based on your interpretation of the conversation, it sounds like that would be willing to adjust the price or even go good for it. But remember, they are taking your word for it. Like others stated, so many out there are trying to get something for free. They need to remain skeptical until they've personally inspected the cans. I'd send them and see what they have to say about it. Send the original rubbers too. Worst case is, you're out $15 or $20 IF they deem it your responsibility. However, should they determine that, yes, this in in fact a defect, you could end up with new-ish cans for that same $15 - $20 bucks.

I don't think you were too much out of line, but in their eyes, they were asking you to work with them and after calling and complaining, you were not willing. I think you've narrowed it to the A & B options you previously listed but didn't see the "C" option. Give it a shot and see what they report back with.

On a side note, I'd get your bike checked out because with all the symptoms you're reporting, there is something wrong with your fuel mixture and the bike is either running far too lean, or, it is running far to rich and the excess fuel ignition in the CAT is creating all the excess heat in the cans.

So glad I bought their Titanium now! Good luck!!