My List

asosa1127

Reaction score
Visit site
Hii everyone! I got my fz6 a couple of months ago and been thinking of getting a few mods! If anyone wants to make a suggestion on a few things please do.

2Bro carbon fiber exhaust
smoke flush mount(suggestions for a brand?)
pro grip tape
half fairing, belly pan, 07+ upper fairing
puig racing windscreen-Black
K&N Air filter
PCIII
Headlight projector+ angel eyes
neons!!!!!

any suggestions on handlebars and lever? I heard Rizomas bars were pretty good.
Where would I get the half fairing?
Hopefully Ill be able to get them soon and post a pic of the finished product!

The only thing I got aftermarket on my bike is the Streetbikes unlimited sliders.
:thumbup:

My favorite mode was dropping a tooth in the front sprocket. Best bang for the buck of any mod out there!

Good luck with your mods, can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks! I'll look into that, if I were to drop a tooth wouldnt I need to do other mods in as well ?

half fairing? you refering to the lower fairings that would make your fz6 a full fairing bike right? you can get it from yamaha themselves, or power bronze also have lower fairing for fz6.

You might want to try the FZ1 bars. I love them. Way better than the stock ones. Grip puppies are nice over the grips. They are really cheap (cost wise). How about a new horn. The stock one is not the best to say the least. I have the PIAA dual sport horns and when I honk people listen. :welcome: :rockon:

Cool thanks guys & gals :D. Ill call my yammi dealer see how much the lower fairing would cost, does it fit all the years? Im thinking of switching the front fairings for an 07+ and not sure if it goes attached to that or what lol.

Excuse my stupidity lol, what are grip puppies?

Thanks for the welcome and replies!

Do you know of anywhere I could pick one up cheap? and are they hard to install?
Easy to install. Just need small fingers to feed some of the wiring through (I had the advantage there :)) Try Ebay - should be able to get a bargain there. I was lucky enough to buy mine from Jeremy (Maverick1970) and got a great deal.

Cool thanks guys & gals :D. Ill call my yammi dealer see how much the lower fairing would cost, does it fit all the years? Im thinking of switching the front fairings for an 07+ and not sure if it goes attached to that or what lol.

Excuse my stupidity lol, what are grip puppies?

Thanks for the welcome and replies!
Grip Puppies are foam covers for your grips - some people think they stop a lot of wrist pain.

:)

Cool thanks guys & gals :D. Ill call my yammi dealer see how much the lower fairing would cost, does it fit all the years?
The Yamaha fairing (which I think looks the best) only fits 07+ as far as I know. You would need PowerBronze etc for an 04-06. just search the forum for fairings...

After much research, I decided I'll mod the stock windshield instead of buying one. I had in mind puig racing but its taller than stock, i was hoping it would be smaller :\

Ill be cutting my windshield with a dremel and painting it black with krylon black :BLAA: . Do i need to prime it? This would be my first painting and i dont wanna mess it up.

Just ordered bikemaster flush mounts and pro grip tape for the wheels! I think ill get rizoma bars and grips next :rockon:

As soon as i finish with the windshield ill post pics!!

Peace!

First things first. Already got them, streetbike unlimited frame sliders, they look pretty cool, cost about 70 dollars but i didnt pay anything, the bike shop messed up :\.... :D

After gathering the supplies, I finally did the windshield mod, and painted it black! It looks better than before, and i made a few mistakes. This was my first time painting something like that and cutting it. I painted the front of the windshield first...=\ and sanded some parts on the top of where I cut, which shouldnt have been sanded lol.

Anyways my advice on these mod is to 1) prepare and take your time. 2) cover your bike with some sort of cloth. 3) if you use a dremel do NOT sand the outside edges, only the top of where you cut. 4) paint the back first :D let it dry well! and then switch to the front. Like I said take your time! dont rush, or it wont come out like you want it to. I unfortunately kinda rushed from the excitement lol.

Just took em :thumbup:

Yes i did take it out to paint it. Also if you are going to cut the windshield, after ur done cutting it. practice painting it and sanding it on the part that u cut so u know what to expect. Wish i would've done that.

Ok so I added a few more things to the list.

-1 front and +2 rear. I was seriously going for 520 chain, but decided that the 530 would last longer and it only has 4500 miles.

Blu(name of my bike :p) might nakeeeed, I took out all the front fairing and kinda dig the look lol

*noob alert* What do better suspension add to the bike? I am mechanically challenged

Any tips or suggestions are more than welcome!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back