12262010370.jpg

12262010373.jpg

12262010374.jpg

12262010376.jpg

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, SANGER_A2!!
I don't know if I am going to bother painting mine.. I don't plan to keep it on full time. My fabrication was quite easy. I used a vise to flatten out the pipe, so there was no hammering involved whatsoever :D
Erci: Please paint your mount.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL.. I would have, but since I converted to naked a while ago, this mount wasn't working for me anymore so I sold it to one of the forum members :D
Nice! That would be a great business. These things are so cheap and easy to make there'd be a lot of profit per unit. Problem is, only really lazy people would buy them - or those who are helpless with tools! :p

MoMo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

It's a really great idea and renders really nice !

Does someone did it on his fz6 fazer S1 ?

Thanks =)

DavidG-757

Reaction score
Visit site
so, since reading this post it motivated me to do the same. so far i bought the rammount aqua box and plan on doing the same mount you put together. great idea and looks good, that works for me.

pester

pester
Reaction score
Visit site
Well they say "Imitation is the best form of flattery"! :thumbup: Looks really nice mate. The vice made the bends look smoother than mine. I still think it needs painting though. It then looks like a proper part of the bike (and not silly). Should last longer too.

i do have an 07 and im going this route too.. very good idea

beachbums86

Reaction score
Visit site
i've been thinking about a gps for my 09 but my first question before how to mount it is how to power it. are you all just running off battery life or have you figured out a way to do a 12v socket?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
i've been thinking about a gps for my 09 but my first question before how to mount it is how to power it. are you all just running off battery life or have you figured out a way to do a 12v socket?
There are loads of posts on here showing how to mount a car cigarette lighter socket onto a bike. Just search for lighter socket. If you click on my site link below you can see how I did mine (both times). You can buy them pretty cheap on Ebay anyway.

F

FZ6 Naked!

You can do the charging setup with cigarette adapter very easily if you have the Fazer model. I ended up rigging mine a bit different since it's the naked:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/44325-gps-mount-usb-charging-setup.html#post481496

To Sanger: AWESOME job! :cheer: The ingenuity of the people on this forum are why it's my first stop for all mods that I want, and the ones I never was smart enough to think I want ;)

andru8

Reaction score
Visit site
This was mine, a hacked up tomtom one with a 2gb card soldered to the inside for the european maps.It got me from South Wales down to Italy and back on my fz600.We did 2800 miles and 8 countries in 8 days.

andru8

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered a few bits to mount my Tomtom one onto my 08 faired FZ.Hopefully its gonna look as good as Sangers when its finished but mine will be in Chrome instead of black for a total of £11.00 approx for all the bits.

Clear pouch :- eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Bar mount :- eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Copper Tube :- eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

My only concern will be if the mount arrives in time as its coming from China.
I'll let you know how it all goes when it arrives