My new lid, 1st Arai

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've always worn a Shoei but elected to go with Arai this time. Ordered directly from Arai USA and was handmade from Japan. Took about three months to get it. It was around $500 after I used my Rider Coach discount which was 50% including all the accessories. I have my Drift Ghost XL helmet cam attached on one side and the Uclear Motion 6 communication device on the other.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Kenny,
as I have a shoei shaped noggin, I have been a long term user except for a few Lazers in my 20's (and in the early 90's, one KBC coz it fit well, I liked the colour and $$ were short)

I'll be interested in what you think after a little while. I tried on an Arai a few years back and it seemed like a good match, but the GT-Air's have just been faithful lids. I am due to change in about 12 months, so I guess I have a bit of trial time, but your thoughts would be a good iput
cheers
Ade

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Helmet Kenny,
I have a shoei shaped head, especially in flip up helmets, I have the NEOTEC II and got the SRL-2 comms set for christmas/birthday, still really have to test it out tho (the comms set not the helmet :) )

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I too have a round head and the Shoei fit me well. Didn't matter which model, as long as it was a medium, it was going to fit. After five years, I retired my GT-Air. I really liked the internal visor. But because of that, the GT Air was never Snell approved, not that it really mattered to me.

The Quantum X are specifically designed for those who have a round head. This is the reason why I had to get the Quantum X. Their medium fits me well and is very comfortable. It feels very light , not heavy. Unlike Shoei, Arai does not make any helmets with an internal visor so all their helmets are Snell approved. They use a two visor system, the sun visor attaches over the main visor. The sun visor is pictured, I went with the mirrored red. Still trying to get use to flipping both visors up and down. For me, I prefer the internal visor. Honestly it was not easy attaching the sun visor.

Remember, helmets have a shelf life. After five years, the helmet is compromised. Becareful purchasing online or even in stores as they can be old helmets that has been sitting on the shelf for years. This is the reason why I had a 3 month lead time once I placed my order with Arai. It took time to make it by hand and then it had to be shipped to Arai USA and then shipped to me.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it the helmet or the comm device and camera. I have a Shoei head, and love my RF1200, but when I have my Sena on the side it is a lot noisier than without....

Never considered it, why would an external attachment create an internal noise?