My ONLY use for an iPad.... :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:BLAA: :thumbup: :rockon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko]YouTube - Will It Blend? - iPad[/ame]

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
I have no sympathy for that iPad, I really do despise Apple for their over hyped and over priced products and services!
Yup. I think Apple is a very innovative company with good ideas but they walk around with their nose in the air like they're the end-all-be-all and overprice their products significantly. I've never owned an Apple product and never plan to.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i like apple. i have no use for the ipad though. but my macbook pro is great. mac computers are so much easier and more fun to use then windows based machines. i'm not a mac snob... i'll use a windows machine. but if i have my choice i'll never own one again. at least not in the current market.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Problem with many apple owners, same for linux users, is that they INSIST that their apple is better than any computer running windows.
I'm not gonna argue about that right now, but the same goes for people who HAVE to buy a certain brand, or series, like someone I know rides a R1, but I think my grandma would pass him in corners on her regular bike.

lots of show but a huge lack of usefullness.
(I don't care about brands, just my clothes, and I still play lots of games on my pc so I need windows :p)

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's Daniel Tosh using an iPad that Apple sent him - they were not happy apparently LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gA16Fq4SAo]YouTube - Daniel Tosh Destroys an iPad[/ame]

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
I love my Macs but the first thing I wanted them to run was Windows (say in a virtual machine) so I can still run my Windows apps.

OT: I love my iPhone but sometimes I believe one of the most useful accessories for the iPhone it is a good Verizon phone.

Macs are nice but don't be fooled -- they crash too.

iPad looks cool -- essentially, a big iPhone. If it was $200, I'd buy one; at $300 maybe, at $500 forget it. I still may play with it at Best Buy if I'm in there sometime.

Dennis

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
After using both platforms for years I choose Mac's. I have had my laptop for 7 years and have yet to replace any hardware in it. Friends with PC laptops have gone thru 2 or 3 in 7 years. Expensive - Yes but tops in quality. I won't buy another PC again.

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my macbook for everything from browsing the net and watching vids to developing software and editing vids on it. If it was up to me I would not touch a windows machine again.

At first I thought the mac touch pad was a POS and how could it possibly not have a second button. Now my laptop's touch pad annoys me to no end ... why the hell does it only have 3 uses when it can do so much more???

As for the iPad - erm, I don't need it but if I had some extra cash laying around I'd definitely get one for ****s and giggles :) This, however, is definitely not the case for now.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
On a related note :) ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU76rDdn2WA]YouTube - Is It A Good Idea To Microwave An iPhone!?[/ame]

These guys have loads of vids, some pretty cool ones. The airbag one is good.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
webcam-broke.jpg

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have a use for the iPad at all. But, a nice new macbook or desktop is just stupid-simple killer when it comes to video editing, DVD creation (of your own footage) and for the simple reason that there aren't a lot of virus attacks for them, at least not nearly what attacks Windows machines. Hackers want to hit the biggest amount of users and corporations they can which is a Windows world.

Macs definitely have a place. After all, it's just Unix/Linux with a pretty GUI on top to make it Mom & Pop friendly.

Dennis, you can run windows apps on a mac. Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac, Run Windows on Mac - Parallels Desktop Virtualization Software and Solutions and at $79.00, it is CHEAP! It works VERY well too... seamless windows apps on a mac.