Mystery dip-switch device on my New to me FZ6

Tracktimeplz

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have an idea of what this guy is? it appears to be tapped into the main harness, near the "ECU". This bike does have malfuntioning LED turn signals, so maybe it was some sort of lighting control(Previous owner had neons maybe?) or some type of primitive fuel/ignition controller? The bike runs perfectly, fired right up after used engine transplant(Previous owner broke his chain, which ripped a hole in the transmission case). I bought this bike to flip, but Im digging it so much, I may just put a proper suspension on it, and keep it :thumbup:

dipswitch.jpgIMG_20150309_181339559.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Clint

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our great forum!
Never saw that device before...Can you trace the wires to the factory harness and call out the factory wire color code or plug this device is attached to?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ill pull out the book and give that a go, dont know why I didnt think of that:confused:

I can say I've never seen that device on an OEM FZ6 but trace the wiring to a plug or harness and give me the wire colors on the factory wiring plug and I may be able to help figure out what that is. :)

Kenfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
That is an old school speedo healer, I have the same on my 05.

Ken

I still have the original install documentation and some photos if you need it. speedohealer.com (HealTech Electronics).

ken

Last edited: