Nürburgring, 7m10s Yamaha R1, 2012

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This was fun to watch... Even dealing with traffic!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inc9cGasgsA]Fastest motorcycle lap of the Nürburgring. 7m10s BTG Yamaha YZF R1. - YouTube[/ame]

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a sick track! I was there in 2008. I worked with a Champcar team (Indycar) and we had 2 race back to back. In between we had a day to kill and had to drive from Zolder to Assan TT track. In the team we had 3 groups. Paris, Amsterdam and Nurburgring. So guess in witch group I was... the ring! I'm from Montreal, I can get a$$ anywhere but the ring... is the ring!

We were 4 of us idiot in a rental car, with luggage taking turn. This is like being in a video game... You pay your $60.00 and line up. You slide your card and the gate open... to no man land! Well, 2 rules... look into your mirrors and if keep the right as much as you can unless you pass. I did 12 minutes flat! After those 4 laps we hit the Autobahn WOT for a long time... and still got pass like we were stop. Love Germany... good beer and nice road!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That was pretty ridiculous!
Wonder how many laps the guy's put in before this run.. he knows the track very well.
This one is not new, but worth reposting (not as far, but love the giro cam)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slx0EmJo85c]GyroCam Onboard Runde Nordschleife Motorrad - YouTube[/ame]

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
See how little input there was on the bars? And what a tq monster the Kawi is! Dang! Much safer/conservative lines (compared to R1) and that's worth 40sec on a ~15 mile course.
Good stuff!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
See how little input there was on the bars? And what a tq monster the Kawi is! Dang! Much safer/conservative lines (compared to R1) and that's worth 40sec on a ~15 mile course.
Good stuff!

Excellent catch. Speaking of noticing things in these vids.. notice how unstable the camera seems at some points in 1st video? Particularly when the bike is tipped quickly from side to side .. and even more so when braking is involved.
The tiniest of inputs at these speeds are greatly amplified.