N.Z. FZ6S Headlight Mods

Allistair

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just bought a second hand (8K) 06' FZ6S. I have read the articles on the forum for the headlight mods.

However, in NZ, the FZ6S appears to be quite different in the wiring department.

There are 9 wires coming from the handlebars to the connectors, and nine wires on other side of connector.

On the right headlight (Bl/Y & Bl) there is a 3 prong bulb, and, the right headlight only comes on, on full beam.

On the left headlight (Bl/Green & Bl) there is a 2 prong bulb, and this stays on dip all the time.

When on full beam one light is on full and the other on dip.

In the interests of safety it would be good to have both lights going on full and dip beams. That way, if a filament in a bulb burned out, you would still have the other light going.

Anyone ideas out there ? Has anyone else overcome this setup ? Cheers Allistair

Are you refering to the connector on the inner left side of the fairing?

15287d1239651096-how-remove-your-fairing-dp_090413_10.jpg

If so, the wire from low beam side of the handlebar switch does not make it to that connector. If it were only that easy. ;)

Are you refering to the connector on the inner left side of the fairing?

15287d1239651096-how-remove-your-fairing-dp_090413_10.jpg

If so, the wire from low beam side of the handlebar switch does not make it to that connector. If it were only that easy. ;)
Yep, that's what I've been looking at. The bunch of encased wires comes from the handlebar switch and disappears into the frame just in front of the battery.

Then another bunch of encased wires come out of the same frame hole and go to the connector shown in your photo, then up to the headlight area.

Not having a wiring diagram does not help my situation.

There are two branches between the connector block shown and the headlight area, one to the park light and the other to the blinker. The larger of the two connectors shown in your photo on my bike has nine wires both sides.

Is there another connector block somewhere, and if so how does one get to it ?

Cheers Allistair

Have just been on to BD43 's site after reading many favourable comments and this seems to answer my questions. Thanks. Will now go and do the mod. Cheers Allistair

Back