Need a new horn! Could use some reccomendations please

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd been planning on getting the Stebel for a while - but each year I find my bike more and more naked, with less and less room for toys.

Anyone see a problem with mounting it just inside of the subframe (to the left passenger footpeg hanger)? Do you think it would fit?

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
I received the horn and it is loud! Now, I need to find a good mounting point on my naked FZ6. Any ideas?
I got the kit from ebay and was about 50$, came with wires, relay, fuse box + 25A fuse and some connectors. It was poorly packaged and it arived with busted box but the horn is working.

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
has anyone ever considered using an electronic horn, similar to what some emergency vehicles use? something like this. i'm not sure how easy/feasible it would be to mount or the legal ramifications. from what i could find out, it's legal for privately owned vehicles (e.g., first aid squad) but could not find specific laws regarding its public/civilian use.

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
That is a speaker with an amplifier :)
Draws 100W. Nautilus uses 18A at 12V and that puts it at about 216W if it would be a losless system, more realistic at about 150W of "sound". Would like to hear one of these speaker based systems. Any audio/video link?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just used my Steble yesterday TWICE when TWO vehicles, one right behind the other, started coming over into my lane (three lane road). I was doing about 55 MPH (slightly faster/overtaking) and my horn is mounted inside my fairing.

Both vehicles barely got over the line as my Steble did its thing (a three second solid activation stopped all lane changes).

Point being, I really don't think you need much more Db's... :thumbup:

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
If I didn't want storage I could probably put the tank and pump in the saddle bags and the trumpets under them on my goldwing ! Oh I would have too much fun with that on a bike. I dare say I would probably start wearing ear plugs when I ride!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ume7utaz.jpg

As long as you aren't precious about how it looks and more concerned about the sound thenthe install is feasible on theFZ
MY NKD has it sitting loudnproud
Been asked. Few time by other riders "what's that?" One toot they know!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now it would appear to work beautifully thx TT and Dennis