Need rack and side cases!

FZ6err

Reaction score
Visit site
I need some storage for my FZ6. What are your thoughts on the best rack/case combination? I know it'll cost some me some cash but I want to try to stay as cheap as possible. I would be interested in used if anyone's selling their setup. My bike is a 2008 Black Fz6. I plan on replacing my stock exhaust and selling the MIVV aftermarket exhaust that's on her now for the dough to get a good setup.

Any info is appreciated!
:thumbup:

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
What you looking to carry? Is it for day to day use or touring?

Day to day, you can't beat a top box for ease of use.

Touring, I use Kriega luggage now, I did have a big dry bag which worked well on my FZ6 but not so good on my other bike. Soft luggage is lighter and easier to carry off the bike IMO especially when going in and out of hotels.
Also bags like Kriega work on virtually all bikes, so you don't need to buy different gear if you change bikes.

FZ6err

Reaction score
Visit site
I would be using it pretty much day to day. Also, I plan on doing some longer camping trips this season so it would need to be able to store quite a bit. For this reason, I'm thinking a setup that includes a top box. Was looking at givi monokey e21's (I think that's the model) basic matte black plastic side cases and then also a rack for top box. I figure I'd keep the top box off except when I'm taking longer trips. The givi rack and case setup I'm looking at is about $360 new from revzilla. Gotta call them thoug because I've heard you need extra stuff to make it fit an FZ6