need some new tool suggestions

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
those are nice, and not as scary, although do they slip and turn while in use? I can't imaging you can get much leverage when it is at a 90 degree, but slight angles when necessary would be nice.

they have a locking mechanism that will hold it at many angles from straight to ninety degrees.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
EDIT: whoops, didn't see it had to be spent at Sears. Do you have a trouble light? ;)

do you mean like a mechanics light, with a hook and a bulb? if so yes and to add to that thought, I also have a little L.E.D. miners light (on a headband) that is a great addition to anyones tool box.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Doc - Here's a short list:

Allen tips to fit a rachet.
Torque wrench
The Mity Vac
1/4 drive socket set, Sears has a nice one, great for small places
The Yamaha oil filter wrench
New ball end allen keys

Have fun shopping, I love Sears

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up the Baxley Sport Chock about a month ago. It's really cool, I can ride straight into the garage, into the chock and hop off the bike, no kickstand, no nothing. It can also go into the bed of the truck for hauling.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up the Baxley Sport Chock about a month ago. It's really cool, I can ride straight into the garage, into the chock and hop off the bike, no kickstand, no nothing. It can also go into the bed of the truck for hauling.

did it come from sears? :rtfm::banghead:

:justkidding:

looks cool anyway

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I would have to see what they lift by....might smash the pipes? anyone got any knowledge on this?

The harbor freight table lifts are supposed to be good. Then there's the ones that are also sold as ATV lifts, which lift the bike under the engine.

Yeah, it'll smash the pipes if the bike doesn't fall off of it first. That type of lift is designed for older bikes that still have bottom frame rails. It's meant to lift by those.

Having used one, I have to comment that they are ****ing scary. You strap the bike to the lift, raise the lift, and then your 500 pound motorcycle is balanced on this tiny little lift (which is also on casters) while you are using a 2 foot breaker bar and all your strength to loosen an axle nut. So the whole contraption is rolling around and threatening to tip over if you look at it wrong.

No thank you. Give me a table lift or I'll just work on the floor.

Fred