Neutral Light While Riding...

Wonda3oy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Hoping you can help me....the neutral light is starting to flicker while I am riding, it recently just started and is a tad annoying while riding. It only starts when I am in 3rd or higher but that could be because I am riding faster and more vibrations etc.

I am hoping it is nothing to "GROUND" the bike and that it could be just a bit of moisture. The bike is riding perfect and no problem up shifting or down shifting.

Any ideas :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The neutral safty switch itself, is located on the rear of the transmision, closest to the right. You can just see it peeking thru near the rear sub-frame, looking forward. The harness should just push on.

You may to put some di-lectric grease on that connector and re-install it. There's usually only issues when its wet. It simply grounds out and turns on the green light when the transmission is in neutral and the switch, internally grounds out.

If it continues, check the rest of the harness where it goes up and into the main main harness.

Its pretty unusual, but the switch could be failing, especially if its dry...

Part #12 in the below pic:

Please post what you find.

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2009 FZ6 (BLACK METALLIC X) - FZS6YB ELECTRICAL 1 Diagram

Last edited:

Wonda3oy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanx for the post m8, I will have a look at this as soon as I can and report back. I am hoping that its a loose connection as it has been dry over here (Ireland) for the last 3-4 days.

I have been riding the bike hard for the last 2 days doing a bit of touring so fingers crossed. :thumbup:

Wonda3oy

Reaction score
Visit site
Had a quick look at the sides of the bike left and right to see if anything was loss etc....with work and family I dont have the time to have a proper look.

Still flashing when riding at anything over 60mph (100 klm)