New FZ6 Owner saying HI!

Less

Reaction score
Visit site
Just put a deposit down on an 09 FZ6 so I thought I'd stop by and say hello. I'll probably be asking a few questions about risers, seat, windshield, luggage adn other upgrades soon. So please be patient with me. I promise to do a forum search before I ask.

Hope to pick it up a week from Saturday just in time for Spring riding up here in New England.

Just an FYI, I'm coming off of riding a cruiser for the last 5 years and sold it to try a "sportier" ride. I'm really looking forward to it.

Less

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome: You have made a wise choice indeed. Post some pictures when you can, you'll find more suggestions on this forum than you can afford !!

Oh and sportier you wanted... just wait till you get to 8+ zone...:rockon:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Less, welcome.

We'll be expecting photos of your forum tattoo once you've taken delivery. Former cruiser riders are required to get them on their forehead... :D

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
PHP:
Just an FYI, I'm coming off of riding a cruiser for the last 5 years and sold it to try a "sportier" ride.

Hi Less!

Welcome aboard. I did the exact same thing. I had a VTX 1300. A friend of mine had a 06 FZ6. He let me ride it a few times. One day, I came across a great deal on 07 FZ6 and came home with it. I think you will love it!!!!

There is a ton of information on this forum and I have barely scratched the surface. I've had my Fazer for about 2 mos now.

Early congratulations!!!!

Last edited:

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Less, Welcome to the group, congratulations on the new bike. How far west of Boston are you? There seems to be quite a few new FZ6/FZ6R owners in our area lately, can't wait to meet and ride with some of you.
Chuck

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::welcome: This is a great forum. There is a lot of good advise on this site. I hope you have some coin to do mods. The list just keeps getting longer. Everytime I get on the forum I see or find something I want!! :thumbup: That's cool. I just love my FZ. And now the weather is finally turning somewhat better. Typical Northwest Weather. I trust you will enjoy your new ride. BE SAFE BUT HAVE FUN.

ferrariman

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Less.
I have a friend who rides FZ6 now.. She used to ride a HD. Cant say enough as to how happy she is to be riding a FZ6 now. Not to forget she did get the handlebar risers. I am sure once FZ6 with all the aftermarket parts installed as per ur requirement/wants, and u r ready in all respects(mentally/physically/and...) you cant start smiling...You will love it..and u will never look back. I bought mine a month back.. I have put around 1k miles in one month and am still hungry to sweep some roads here in California...and the weather out here right now is just begging us to get on the saddle.
congratulations in advance and I am sure you will not just love the bike..but also this forum. this forum is no less than a "wiki" when it comes to info.
Good luck and Ride safe!:rockon::rockon::rockon:
KB

Dont forget to post the pics;)

Reaction score
Visit site
You've come to the right place...these guys have more ways to spend your money then Obama has bail out money.

But, they do know the FZ6.

8K is Cool...and you must do the 500 mile break in, its for your safety, not for the bike.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll probably be asking a few questions about risers, seat, windshield, luggage adn other upgrades soon. So please be patient with me. I promise to do a forum search before I ask.

Less

You won't be asking very much then. LOL. Just about everything has been covered.......but go ahead and fire away anyways

Wecome to the forum by the way.

Less

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Less, Welcome to the group, congratulations on the new bike. How far west of Boston are you? There seems to be quite a few new FZ6/FZ6R owners in our area lately, can't wait to meet and ride with some of you.
Chuck

I live in Ashland which is just south/west of Framingham. But I work down closer to you in Walpole, about two miles from Gillette stadium.

Look forward to riding with you Chuck. I also ride on ocassion with a few people from beginnerbikers.org. There are a few of them out this general way also.

HouTex

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats and welcome. This site is full of all of the info you could ever want to know about the FZ6. The posters are knowledgeable and very helpful.

My one piece of advice... stay away from the FZ6 Mods section! Once you start browsing it, you will stay there for days like I did.

The FZ6 and this site is an addiction!:thumbup:

arv077

arfz6
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a new member here too, and thought I'd tag with this post. In fact, this is my first posting, and had just gotten my '05 FZ6 a week ago! :welcome:

Less: I live in Holliston; stone's throw away from ya. I guess there are quite a few FZ6'ers in the new england area.

Can't wait for the temps to climb into the 50's at least.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the boards Less. I'll be out to Boston in June 2010, so we'll have to go for a ride when the time comes.:welcome:

Less

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a new member here too, and thought I'd tag with this post. In fact, this is my first posting, and had just gotten my '05 FZ6 a week ago! :welcome:

Less: I live in Holliston; stone's throw away from ya. I guess there are quite a few FZ6'ers in the new england area.

Can't wait for the temps to climb into the 50's at least.

Hey that's great!! I ride down through Holliston all the time. When I ride to work I cut right through Holliston down into Millis and on to Walpole.

When I get my new bike we'll have to schedule a weekend day ride with some of the others around.:thumbup:

OhHellYeah

Reaction score
Visit site
Man I bet you're as excited as I am for this new bike!!! Just picked up a FZ6 this past Saturday, last all-black '08 on the lot. It's my first bike and I can't get outta the saddle - just work keeps trying to get in the way. This seems as much an incredible ride as a way of life.
I'm sure we'll have many of the same questions so let's try and stay in touch.

All the best in the new adventure.

Less

Reaction score
Visit site
Man I bet you're as excited as I am for this new bike!!! Just picked up a FZ6 this past Saturday, last all-black '08 on the lot. It's my first bike and I can't get outta the saddle - just work keeps trying to get in the way. This seems as much an incredible ride as a way of life.
I'm sure we'll have many of the same questions so let's try and stay in touch.

All the best in the new adventure.

Enjoy your bike. It's a lot of bike for a first bike so be careful.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Take planty of time to get to know the bike before taking any big rides. I spent a lot of time just riding around the neighborhood when I started out. Get all the gear to be safe. Enjoy the ride!

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Less! I live in newton, MA. There are quite a number of us here. I have done some of the mods you are talking about (windshield, seat, luggage). We should get together for a ride with the Greater Boston crowd.