New FZ6 Rider

shalteck

Reaction score
Visit site
wpKuRNi.jpg

Hi guys, just bought my FZ6 the other day, thought I'd make a post here. I've previously ridden a Ninja 250 and a Ninja ZX9R. This is my commuter bike and will be my only vehicle once the ZX9R is sold.

I intend to add a new windscreen, and either modify or replace the exhaust. I REALLY want to replace it, especially if the price is right. Eventually I want to get a top rack and topcase, but I'm looking for an inexpensive solution for that as well.

I just want to say I really enjoy this bike. The handling compared to my ZX9 is phenomenal, and I really haven't noticed a huge power loss. For some reason it feels faster, even when I'm going slower. It seems like the ZX9 left me with the feeling of "****, how'd I get that fast?" and this one leaves me thinking, "really, I'm going THAT slow?"

Fuel injection is nice too. The only thing that really bugs me is the tachometer, but I knew that would be a pain when I bought it.

Anyway, hi guys :) Any tips/advice about this bike are welcome.

:welcome: from Texas:cheer:

I keep my lil ninja.:rockon: It was only $1000, and the 60mpg is hard for me to let go.:D

:BLAA:Welcome to our great forum!
You'll find a great bunch of people here as well as a wealth of help and information. :)

Welcome! :thumbup:

The tachometer took me some getting used to as well, but it's not so bad. It's a great bike. Enjoy it, and ride safe! :D

:welcome: from Texas:cheer:

I keep my lil ninja.:rockon: It was only $1000, and the 60mpg is hard for me to let go.:D

Mine was 1000, sold it for 1500. Honestly I should have gotten the fz6 in the first place, the zx9 was nothing but trouble.

I do a bit of highway riding, so the 250 wasn't for me. Always felt like it needed an upshift.

I've always wanted a Ninja 250 or a Honda ruckus 250.

They're easy to find and really cheap. Great, reliable bike, just doesn't have as good of acceleration/weight as I like. The things blow around in the wind like gnats, too.
EDIT: The ninja 250, I have no experience with a ruckus.

:welcome: Sweet looking FZer. Ride safe and enjoy the ride. Is it an 06 and how many miles does she have? Have fun!

Last edited:
:welcome: Sweet looking FZer. Ride safe and enjoy the ride. Is it an 06 and how many miles does she have? Have fun!

It's an 04, with about 18k on it. The least abused bike I've owned for sure, although I'd almost consider how ugly the handgrips were when I got it abuse...

Back