New member with a freshly acquired '07 FZ6

SilverTwin

Reaction score
Visit site
Love the forum and have already answered a lot of my questions through searching. :thumbup:

I've been riding for ~25 years but took a few years off, after having the itch for the past few summers, I purchased a 2000 Triumph 955i Daytona earlier this summer, loved the bike but it was more than I needed for the commuting/pleasure riding that I'm looking to do. I wanted something fun, yet more comfortable. That being said, I started looking into the FZ6, I ran across this one last Friday and purchased it. Only have a weekend with it so far, most of that has been spent cleaning and going through all of the maintenance to get it to my comfort level.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our great forum! Very nice polished bits on you FZ6!

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum!

That's a great looking bike. Thanks for posting the pics.

I also like the chromed parts. Guess I'm showing my age.:Flash:

Let me know if you ever visit the twisty hilly roads in SE Ohio. I'll try to meet up with you.

Chris

Oh - Sorry about the "dislike" on your original post. My pc was slow at responding when I hit like and when I hit the button a second time, the dislike button had moved over under my cursor.

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats, that's my year/model/color too, although my wheels are done in brake dust.

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats. And welcome! I also have a 2007 "faster blue". Dunno if I like the Harley type chrome, but it sure is different. Your chain looks way too tight? FZ6 spec is pretty loose. Ought to be about 2" of up and down play at proper tension (see manual for details - if you need one, just ask and someone will see you get one via email).

SilverTwin

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats. And welcome! I also have a 2007 "faster blue". Dunno if I like the Harley type chrome, but it sure is different. Your chain looks way too tight? FZ6 spec is pretty loose. Ought to be about 2" of up and down play at proper tension (see manual for details - if you need one, just ask and someone will see you get one via email).

Thanks! I will double check on the chain, I know it has some slack but it sounds like it may not be enough. I did not get an owner's manual with it but have already found a PDF online and also have a service manual to answer many of my questions.