New Mod Idea?

kawwikid

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I was talking to my mechanic about the mods that Killernoodle is make to the clutch slave, and he got thinking about it and came up with another idea. Now, I want to state first that this is in no way a thread to take anything away from Killernoodle and his clutch slave mod, its just another way to get a "smiler" result. ( maybe just not as much of a change).
Anyway the his idea was to use the clutch slave arm from a 2000 R6. It ends up that the threads are the same, so it slips right on, and the 2000 R6 arm is about 1/8th or little more shorter in length (I measured and it was just over and 1/8), and the 2000 R6 arm is straight, no bend in it (which I don't know if it makes any difference). So, after we got the cable slack set, I would have to say that the 2000 R6 clutch arm gave the bike a smoother clutch up take, which made taking off from a light easier, and the throw is shorter and takes a little less pressure to make happen..Here's a couple of pics of the part. The only down side is that the 2000 R6 part is silver, oh well..

Sean..

The black part is the stocker, the silver one the R6 arm and the last photo is me trying to show a comparison of the two parts..

Wouldnt this do the opposite of what noodles doing? He lengthens the arm, while this is a shorter than stock arm.

It might be. When I had told my mechanic about it, he thought that he shorten the arm, to get the results. If im wrong, im sorry about that. But this mod did make the clutch action smoother, shorter and easier..

Sean

Back