New owner of an 09 FZ6

Uncle_nospeed

Reaction score
Visit site
How's it going fellow riders,

Just introducing myself to the forum, and I noticed this site has an abundant amount of information. I see my self spending some nights soaking it up haha. I have been riding for about 4 years now and have owned a handful of bikes. The first being an 06 Zzr 600, 12 ninja 650, 07 GSXR 600, and currently the 09 Fz6 and 06 Zzr 600 (track bike). I love track days and eventually want to do a local season once I feel I am fast enough. On nice days I enjoy riding the twisties through the mountains of the bay area.

The Fz6 has the single headlight conversion along with the 04 r6 forks that have been modified with racetech Springs. That's what actually sold me on the bike, and the look as well but after getting her home I noticed some things that need my attention. She needs front rotors and pads, and tires (the tires are about 30% but the way I ride means they have to be changed asap).

Even though she needs some work, I am happy with the purchase and I already have the image of where I want her to be once I am done. I apologize for the long right up, but I look forward to the information you guys have to offer.... cheers!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our great family! Lots of great info and support here. :)

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day from downunder welcome and we lurrve pics

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

Uncle_nospeed

Reaction score
Visit site
I appreciate the warm welcome! Here are the pics of my ladies

Zoe

I just ordered her tires and brakes... let the snowball begin

Kaiya

This weekend I am going to relocate the horn, and clean up some of the wiring.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the best motorcycle forum on the net.

Have you tried Thunderhill yet? I did a track day last year. It was a blast! Nice track! But it's a haul from Reno.

Might go again soon. Working on dates that work in everyone's schedule. My husband, my 20 year old son, and I plan on going. Taking the whole Fam Damily.

Uncle_nospeed

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum Uncle, nice to have you aboard :thumbup:

Sweet pics, nice bikes :thumbup:

Don't be a stranger.
Thanks cloggy, I will do my best to stay active

Did you get the fast blue or the slow red?
She is all black, but originally she was blue

:welcome: to the best motorcycle forum on the net.

Have you tried Thunderhill yet? I did a track day last year. It was a blast! Nice track! But it's a haul from Reno.

Might go again soon. Working on dates that work in everyone's schedule. My husband, my 20 year old son, and I plan on going. Taking the whole Fam Damily.
O yes plenty of times, on east and west haha. This year I opened the season at Laguna and man was it a blast, that track is all corner speed , loved it. Thunderhill is a good track to get comfortable leaning it over while working on body position. The straight that comes off the hill is great corner to practice your trail braking technique as well. I actually have another track day coming up on May 7th, doing Laguna again.

And that's awesome that the whole family does it! I have tried to get friends to do it but they are not into it as much as I am... so I stay solo like Jason Derulo haha. I usually just link up with buddies I have made at the track. If you plan on doing another track day let me know, I will make sure to plan it out and make it to that day.