new owner!

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
im so happy. i found this forum, and my bike on the same day! i just bought an 07 with 835 miles on it here in san jose. its perfect, not a scratch or a ding, the owner simply found the riding position too uncomfortable...go figure.

its my second current bike. and i was in the market for something mid-range and powerful, i came across an ad in craigs, went and took a look and a ride, and bought it today!

the bike has not had its 600 mile service, so the first thing i did today was change the oil. or half of it. i cant get the filter off, so ill go to the yamaha shop tuesday and get a filter wrench, hopefully one which uses a ratchet and can take this baked-on filter loose.

i called and added the bike to my geico insurance policy, and with a two bike discount and my return customer good rider blah blah they want over 900 dollars a year in insurance, because its listed as a "high performance" bike! my other bike, an 05 r1100s costs $370 a year. might have to shop around, any suggestions, high-performance men and women?

so im excited to get out there tomorrow and sanely find out what my new bike can do. and i am looking forward to using the forum for inspiration and information, and thank you good folks in advance for welcoming me!

H

HavBlue

I had Foremost when in California and they were about half what you were quoted. Have fun and stay safe..

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, and to the FZ6. I wonder how the previous rider could think the riding position was too uncomfortable?

Anyway, stay safe and enjoy the bike!!!

B

Bo67

Welcome to the forum!

I have Geico for the car and truck but they wanted about the same as they quoted you to insure the FZ6. I shopped around and finally insured the bike with Progressive for about half of what Geico wanted.

Hope you have a blast with your new bike!