New Scorpion exhaust, foot pegs and tail tidy installed - pics!!

husker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there
Here are some pics of my Fazer S2 with the Oberon racing foot pegs, RG Racing Tail Tidy and Scorpion Stainless Steel Oval cans installed.

Picasa Web Albums - Simon - Yamaha mods

I put all the rear bodywork back tonight and took her out for a spin. The back end looks so much more classy, even with the OEM indicators and the eyesore that is the UK's road legal license/number plate - ugly, ugly, ugly.

The pegs feel much more comfortable and look much better and the Scorpion exhaust looks and sounds great plus the bike feels more punchy low down (but maybe it's just my imagination).

So...mods achieved so far:

Pazzo levers
K&N air filter
Oberon "racer style" rider and passenger foot pegs
RG Racing bar ends and Tail Tidy
Scorpion cans

To do this week:

Yamaha full fairing + RG Racing rear spindles

For the winter (when I've saved up again and Santa has been...)

Race Tech fork springs
Ohlins rear shock
RG Aero crash protectors

husker

Reaction score
Visit site
They're pretty chunky - I don't know if they've just come out or not - but the sound is great! A lot more bass rumble than the stock exhaust note, which sounded a bit whiny to me.

Anyway, they fit great and run sweet!

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks awesome, any completed pictures with seat and bodywork back on? I think that's the Scorpion Extreme Exhaust, not sure if you can even get it in the U.S. yet. But I want one!!

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site
The footpegs are great and seem to last. :thumbup:
The OEM rubber pegs get deteriorated very fast. :(

[email protected]

Reaction score
Visit site
The footpegs are great and seem to last. :thumbup:
The OEM rubber pegs get deteriorated very fast. :(

these are the new ones for the uk,dont know weather you can get them in the us yet,i fitted them to my fazer s2 two weeks ago,i will put some pictures on soon :Sport::cheer:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow very nice. It seems the folks in Europe have a wider variety of goodies available for the FZ. I really like the foot pegs, they look very professionally made.

I also love your exhaust! WOW! big difference from the standard Scrops.

You've got a great plan for your bike, be sure to post pictures as you go. :rockon:

husker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there
Thanks for great feedback! The bike is really looking good.

I'm going to put the fairings on later this week and then post more pictures.

Thanks to everyone for helping me decide on the best choices - I've learned a lot from the forum already.

The trouble is there are so many mods, so little time (and they all cost money...):(

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there
Thanks for great feedback! The bike is really looking good.

I'm going to put the fairings on later this week and then post more pictures.

Thanks to everyone for helping me decide on the best choices - I've learned a lot from the forum already.

The trouble is there are so many mods, so little time (and they all cost money...):(

Money??? That is why they invented credit cards, right??? :rolleyes:

husker

Reaction score
Visit site
Pete
I know this is off thread but I read your post about installing the Ohlins rear shock with great interest.

The only thing that still puzzles me is how you removed the old shock without removing the rear wheel?

Does it just come out in the gap you cut to install the remote reservoir in the space where the tool kit used to go?

Sorry for the dumb question but the Ohlins is on my to-do list...

fazerboy

Reaction score
Visit site
hi u my fz6 soon just need 2 down load pics so far changed from new 07 ,as follows belly pan or sub cowl (yams owm coulor code same as bike , yam blue ) rad grill (yams own ), changed lights (turning lights) fot Motrax 1's great (neon no bulbs 0, screen fot double buble ,black ( powerbronze uk)
head light bulbs (spectrum blue white lights (phillips)well bright lol , the small side lights changed for blue neons (halfords) just change cans for 2 bros they r the dogs , loud and proud ( it is a respectfull loud ness though like a gd ferrerie tail tidy came with it great little led lights for number plat well desgiseed in nutts, just changing the horn for i think 113desabells lol, of course crash bungs engine , front wheel and chain ones lol rg 's hope will never have to try them
:rockon: ok thats it for now but am thinking of having from tcp a seat cowl diff from yams looks better and total covering the seat unlike yams
about the same money
ok cya l8trs m8 hope with pics
:Sport:

husker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Fazerboy
I didn't know Halfords did replacement lights for bikes - are they car ones you've adapted?

The spectrum blue bulbs sound like a good choice too.

Arty

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, those scorpion cans look cool!

Where did you buy them husker? I cant see that design with the conical cap anywhere, not even on scorpion's own site.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pete
I know this is off thread but I read your post about installing the Ohlins rear shock with great interest.

The only thing that still puzzles me is how you removed the old shock without removing the rear wheel?

Does it just come out in the gap you cut to install the remote reservoir in the space where the tool kit used to go?

Sorry for the dumb question but the Ohlins is on my to-do list...

Hey Husker - Simply unbolt the top bolt then the lower one, it will come right out. The hard part is getting the "trunk" out, UGH! It's like one of those ring puzzles. Once you get that out of the way it is very easy to do. I did cut a gap in the trunk to route the remote line through, and you don't need to cut as much as I did (if you are looking at any of my photo) I tried to install an R1 shock and had to cut the heck out of the trunk to get the R1 remote to fit. All you need is about a 1/2" wide slice.

If you go with the standard Ohlins you will not need to cut at all. You'll love that new shock!