New Seat

andysadd

Reaction score
Visit site
After 5000 numb bum miles on the Yamaha comfort seat I have had my seat customised and boy what a difference it has made.

I found a company here in the uk and they have done a fantastic job....

http://www.motorbike-seats.co.uk/

I went for the bladerunner style with gel pads

I would find 80-100 miles would be me needing two hours off the bike, but now just completed 420 mile round day trip and I'm still walking!

Anyone in the uk who needs a new seat give Melvin a call on the website above!

Pagey

Tiger Boy
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice seat, just out of curiosity.... how much did he charge and what was the turnaround time like ?? :Flash:

Last edited:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great man! I've yet to ride far enough to find my "point of discomfort" so I'm keeping it stock for now but I have to say that just SCREAMS comfort!

polydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I too have the yamaha comfort seat. Its most definitely a step up from the stock seat, and for $170 it was worth it, especially since alot of people have upgraded to top saddlery, corbins, etc and still said there was more to be desired. I'm going to a local auto upholstery shop to get my comfort seat modded with gel or memory foam to add about a half inch of seat height, and have it leveled out so i'm no sliding forward as much. I would highly recommend checking out auto upholstery shops, the local one here starts modifying seats starting at $75 and told me they will charge less than any other company no matter what. I'm making a trip down there today to see what we can accomplish.

lkea

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks really comfortable, my I ask what material was used and type of foam?

bluremi

Reaction score
Visit site
My top saddlery seat starts getting uncomfortable after about 4 hours. I have ridden it without taking a break for 8 hours and towards the end I was in some pain and eager to stop riding.

However, the pain was about equivalent to about 60-80 minutes on the stock seat.

If I take a short break to stretch and work out the seat muscles every 90 minutes or so I can ride it all day.