New Stuff on it's way - Part 3!!!

So do I, and if the turbo isn't too big, you don't even need to do anything to the motor.

I looked at doing it when thinking about an exhaust. Think you can go up to about 8 lb's boost, any the stock motor will handle it , any more and you need to spend some money on the internals.

Disclaimer... I know nothing about turbo's, and was given the above info by a mate that wanted to do this to my bike... sorta like a project (he's a mechanic and has all the gear at home for the job)

:)

I think those carbon covers would be a nice addition. A little polished a little carbon and a lot of black will make anything pop! Tough choices for you my friend!

Pete, why did you have to hit him with the turbo idea? like the bug hasn't bitten him hard enough already!

The Turbo thing aint a new idea for me...Pete knows this too....have been more inclined to think Supercharger, but maybe a Turbo is easier????/

Kyle - Of all the people here I think Jamie would do it!

You bet your butt i would....just need the right motivation, and circumstances...patience is a virtue, they say.

Yeah, but his wife/g/f/whatever already hates us enough!

:rockon:

I say do it! :D

Ex No.1, mother of Wolfcub No.1 is just not happy that it's off the road....love's bikes, Ex No.2, mother of Wolfcub No.2 (most recent) does not care...as long as i pay the bills...all the bills, not just the bike bills....

And i got the plaster off today and can walk unaided, dont even need a moon boot....doing the right thing for last 2.5 weeks has paid off! So now, i am gonna be busting my hump, to get this bike mobile again.

So do I, and if the turbo isn't too big, you don't even need to do anything to the motor.

I looked at doing it when thinking about an exhaust. Think you can go up to about 8 lb's boost, any the stock motor will handle it , any more and you need to spend some money on the internals.

Disclaimer... I know nothing about turbo's, and was given the above info by a mate that wanted to do this to my bike... sorta like a project (he's a mechanic and has all the gear at home for the job)

Hmmmm......further investigation may be required...especially as we seemingly have someone who may be interested in getting involved.....with the know how & tools.....Thanks Dave.

Last edited:
Good news, dont need to replace subframe, managed to get it, the pipes, the lot, all straightened today.

Rearset is all good as well....

Here's the details.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/australia/11509-wolfs-crash-damage-3.html

Tank is trashed though, needs a bit of work, found 5 dents in it when we toohk off the tank bra....no broken paint, no huge dents, just very small ones, except for the one where my elbow hit the tank, that's pretty deep, but should "pop" out!

Tank Bra covers it all though, for now at least.

I don't know about the fuel pump and injectors being up to delivering the extra fuel required for 8lbs boost. You don't want to lean it off. I'm looking at going electric blower at around 1 lb of boost. Everything should be fine and the O2 sensor tells the computer to give it more fuel. I don't know how to set up an 06 with O2 sensor or cost, but of course, it is worth looking at...lol.:rockon::rockon:

Took deliverey of my new Scorpio SRi900 alarm, with optional perimeter sensor, today, have got the remote control on charge overnight, cant wait to install it...hopefully tomorrow, but most probably Saturday, as i am on baby duty all day tomorrow!

It looks the business, and is plug & play, with FZ6 specific wiring harness supplied, that plugs inline with the bikes cpu.

Just fiited my alarm...and it wont work, have checked the wiring about 6 times......HELP!

:eek:

Did you hook up the thingamajig to the whojameflaggit???

:rof:
Sorry. :eek: If I hadn't had a couple of beers, I'd come down and have a play.

Gotta go to woirk shortly anyway....but it's definitely something to do with the thingamajigg, or the whatsamacallit!

In reality, i think it's an earything problem....might need help from our resident SA electrical whizz, Mr Mike!

:eek:

No wukkas mate. I'll come by tomorrow (today...lol.) and have a dekko. Won't be anything major I wouldn't think.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

No wukkas mate. I'll come by tomorrow (today...lol.) and have a dekko. Won't be anything major I wouldn't think.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

Well as you know mike, you were right, simple problem caused by my inability to connect power to the right battery terminal.

Was about the only thing i did not check 6 times, as i was too tired to take the tank off and check things, after i put the bike back together!

I should be embarrased, but i am not, as i am well used to my vagueness by now.

Alarm works a treat! Perimeter sensor is spot on, tilt sensor is spot on, and once we worked out how to program everything on the remote, operation is simple, and the texting function on the remote works brilliantly, as me and Ozzieboy found out when we were sitting in my lounge after we had sorted everything...perimeter sensor went off while we were sitting there....we are betting, there is one very freaked out cat in my street now! Lol!

Thanks Mike & Dave (Stumbles) for your help guys, as per usual, you guys rock!

:thumbup:

Well as you know mike, you were right, simple problem caused by my inability to connect power to the right battery terminal.

Was about the only thing i did not check 6 times, as i was too tired to take the tank off and check things, after i put the bike back together!

I should be embarrased, but i am not, as i am well used to my vagueness by now.

Alarm works a treat! Perimeter sensor is spot on, tilt sensor is spot on, and once we worked out how to program everything on the remote, operation is simple, and the texting function on the remote works brilliantly, as me and Ozzieboy found out when we were sitting in my lounge after we had sorted everything...perimeter sensor went off while we were sitting there....we are betting, there is one very freaked out cat in my street now! Lol!

Thanks Mike & Dave (Stumbles) for your help guys, as per usual, you guys rock!

No wukkas dude. PMSL about the cat.....it won't be back looking at your bike soon.

Reckon I'll be looking at an alarm one day myself.

No wukkas dude. PMSL about the cat.....it won't be back looking at your bike soon.

Reckon I'll be looking at an alarm one day myself.

Right now i am extremely happy with my purchase...am guessing it's going to give me a decent sense of security for the first time since owning the bike...as i regularly have to park it in the busy nightclub district, that is full of drunken passers-by, who like to touch!

Right now i am extremely happy with my purchase...am guessing it's going to give me a decent sense of security for the first time since owning the bike...as i regularly have to park it in the busy nightclub district, that is full of drunken passers-by, who like to touch!

Yeah mate. You definitely need one. Glad to see it on the bike and sorted now.:thumbup:

Well Yamaha World just rang, my Vortex 520 sprocket & chain conversion kit has just arrived, -2 on the front sprocket, +1 on the rear, black chain, polished rear sprocket...

Only thing it is "competition use only' , so wont be going on the bike till after my bike goes through it's inspection at Regency at the end of the month.

The other thing that has arrived, is my OEM replacement engine cover, and gasket, to replace the scraped engine cover that was damaged in my accident....on my way down there shortly to pick it all up!

The other thing that has arrived, is my OEM replacement engine cover, and gasket, to replace the scraped engine cover that was damaged in my accident....on my way down there shortly to pick it all up!

Put the replacement engine case finally tonight, as well as giving the bike a well earned Oil change after the big , hard ride, earlier this week.

Engine internals are now bathing in Motul 7100 20w50 synthetic...feels a little bit smoother, and quieter upon initial impressions.

Bike is getting pulled down for a bit of powdercoating in a week or two...rear grab rail, top triple clamp, Powdercoated, rear subframe,& passenger footpegs...

Ok, dropped my bike off at Gary's last night...he is bored, and wanted to do my next round of mods!!!! So, who am i to say no!

Bike has had top fork clamp, rear sub frame, rear grab handle removed for powdercoating in black onyx.

The tank is also getting some black vinyl put around the edges, and around the fuel cap to protect the paint where the Bagster tank Bra does not quite cover the outer edges, and around the fuel filler.

Before we put my bike back together, Mr Mike (Ozzieboy) is going to tidy up my wiring behind the rear tail light, which has taken a bit of a butchering i the last few week's, what, with OEM fenders, Fender Eliminators, Alarm, etc, all going on and off the bike....so that will be nice, a neat, well organised wiring loom.

Just got a message from Kenma Australia...the distributors for Oggy Knobs, Frame, Fork & Axle Sliders, saying that there had been yet another delay from the factory on the FZ6 Fork & Axle sliders, and as a result, they will send me a new set of Oggy Knob frame sliders free of charge! (that's a $160 saving). Now that is good customer service, and it also means that Mike & Me will be able to replace our left & right frame sliders which have been damaged in our seperate accidents (Mine - Left, Mike's - Right).

Finally, just got a call from Yamaha World, saying that they rang Mat Mladin Imports today re the Vortex 520 conversion Sprocket's & chain i have had on order for a while now, and that they were still on back order for at least another 2 weeks....Man it is impossible to Vortex stuff for an FZ6 in Oz....this is the second time i have tried to get a hold of their stuff! with no luck...so now, it's a case of binning that order, and seeing whether we can get a better, and quicker result from either AFAM, or Renthal...waiting for a call back re availabilty of these 2 brands, as i write this.

Pictures will be posted as we get closer to getting all this done.

Back