New Toy: Supermoto!

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been eyeballing one of these for years now. Well, one popped up locally for the right price and, I'm stupid so I bought it!

2008 WR250X!

Exhaust is going to be replaced with the stock set-up as I am not a huge fan of the drone of aftermarket systems (Maine is particular with their inspection process as well).

Just wanted to share!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been eyeballing one of these for years now. Well, one popped up locally for the right price and, I'm stupid so I bought it!

2008 WR250X!

Exhaust is going to be replaced with the stock set-up as I am not a huge fan of the drone of aftermarket systems (Maine is particular with their inspection process as well).

Just wanted to share!
I really like it,
Neil

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Those are so much fun to ride! :D
I wonder how long it would take you to become a complete hooligan, doing wheelies, endo's, drifting in corners,.... :D
And maintenance shouldn't be to bad either.... I know my KTM is quite good regarding maintenance :thumbup:

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! A coworker has one of those, same color. I agree with the aftermarket exhaust, my DR350 has a FMF thats stupid loud and dronin, esp on the highway.

When you burn through those tires, I just put Shinko 705's on my 350. Supposedly they're a 80/20 street/dirt tire, but from the 200+ miles I've put on them (and internet reviews) they stick really well on road, and are decent down dirt/gravel roads (and curb-hopping and cutting across fields, etc)

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
Killer bike. I concur with everyone else, those things are a blast to drive! So small and manuverable. have a blast mate! :Sport:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site

2008 WR250X!

Just wanted to share!

actually id leave the exhaust on for a 250 SuMo. there is a much bigger difference in a small displacement engine between stock and aftermarket. and be careful riding the FZ after you've been riding this for a while, it only weighs half of a normal street bike....

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
Super cool! A typical Yam, great build quality. I wouldn't be surprised in the future it becomes more valuable, maybe a cult classic!

gocartone

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! I think my next purchase (if I don't sell the FZ6 for one...) is going to by a DRZ400 and modding the crap out of it. For whatever stupid reason my state doesn't allow you to convert dirt bikes to be road legal (needs to have a street legal vin), otherwise I would already be rocking a 450X and getting into all kinds of trouble :D