Newbie trial with HID Cyclope Mod.

yoka

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

After reading the makanouchi HID mod followed by a simplified Gozilla version then BONEMANFZ6 mod, i decided to give it a try.

My background in modding is nearly nill, i once installed my own car stereo and thats it.

1st i needed someone to share 2 kits with, and here came CV_Rider who agreed to co-purchase and ship to me in Dubai which is very cool from him.

But the time items are on the way, i saw the in progress photos of Gozilla and i digged the Cyclope look with one on projector and the other regular halogen.

So i decided to go ahead with this plan...

Mod : Cyclope effect with the right side on standard reflectors and halogen bulb, Left side on matt black reflectors, projector installed and Xenon Hi/Lo kit with Angel eyes.

Plan:[/B] printed all related materials of write ups, owners manual, service manual , wiring diagram, Also CV_rider sent me a document with the write ups of the leaders of this mod.

Parts: Parts arrived 1 kit H4 & 1 Kit H7 (to be used in the future) oopos, i'm misssing the BD43 wire to get low beam to the H4 ... damn.... so i ordered it.

Start: with everything around me, seeing those projectors around at home made me itchy. BD43 wire will take long to arrive as i live on the other earth Hemisphere from BD43.
I took my tools, down to the underground parking and the 41degree C (105 degree F) and 80% humidity didn't stop me.

Started to take off the cowlings .... .ops, it is different than your photos guys. Looked at the service manuals,... still different.

I got the European model i think FZ6-S 2006 model with auxilary lights (Pods) as standard. my modle code is 5VXB.!!! can't find anything about it.

Anywho.. decided to continue.

ended up taking the whole front fairing with the gauge and everything to my livingroom to work in the AC
IMG_0422Medium.jpg

Stripped the headlights,
IMG_0449Medium.jpg

Cooked them medium well
IMG_0451Medium.jpg

Cut the left eye open

IMG_0455Medium.jpg

And ..... Stop

need 1) to finish the wiring
2) paint the headlights. and in this outside weather and sand carried by wind it is hard to do.

So, working on #1

I will do the wiring considering future modification to have both headlights on Xenon.

I figured out a neat and tidy option. Based on the readings from all the preiouse experienced posters
I'll creat small Y connection to avoid cutting into the standard harness.
H4 female connector and 2 H4 male connectors out.
The input will be the H4 existing harness with the low beam from existing H7 harness.
Questoin 1 : will this be ok electrical wise or it will blow up or burn something.

Same i'll do for the POD factory connector new Y connection

now i'm left with the +ve and -ve to connect to the battery (as per the instructions)

Question 2 : how will i run the +ve and -ve to the battery. can i use any ground or it must be to the battery ground?

Any other tips or help?

Help me clean this mess
IMG_0462Medium.jpg

BTW here is my wiring diagram
FZ6-Sheadlights.jpg

Special thanks to CV_Rider for helping me getting the parts.

Cheers all.

Damn i blah lbah blah alot:eek:

Last edited:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
I can't help you with your questions, but I am interested in hearing the answers, I'm hoping to do this mod in the mid to distant future myself. Good luck :thumbup:

YamaSpeed

Dartmouth Ambassador
Reaction score
Visit site
I figured out a neat and tidy option. Based on the readings from all the preiouse experienced posters
I'll creat small Y connection to avoid cutting into the standard harness.
H4 female connector and 2 H4 male connectors out.
The input will be the H4 existing harness with the low beam from existing H7 harness.
Questoin 1 : will this be ok electrical wise or it will blow up or burn something.

Same i'll do for the POD factory connector new Y connection

now i'm left with the +ve and -ve to connect to the battery (as per the instructions)

Question 2 : how will i run the +ve and -ve to the battery. can i use any ground or it must be to the battery ground?

Any other tips or help?

Answer 1: Yes it will work.

Answer2: On my bike I ran a 14Guage wire from the positive terminal to the headlight assembly. This wire should be protected in some cable mesh of tapped as it is a direct connection to you battery and chaffing to a short would go over like a lead baloon. once you have it installed and secured with zip ties. you can use quick connect crimps to connect the controllers.

As for the ground. there is a ground lug underneath the instrument cluster which accessible when everything is apart. I just brought the ground wires to that and added an extra for the angel eyes power. you do not need to go back to the battery for the ground.

Hope this helps.

Yamaspeed

yoka

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys for the replies.

After looking for the right material, sockets, wires... i didn't find any... anywho... i'll go ahead.

I found the Krylon Matt black finish spray for plastic which doesn't require primer... thats would work for me..... hope so.

Back home, Sanded the item (first time to sand anything) it looks not right, but good enough for the job. the spray said, no sanding required.

covered the think headlights with newspapers, and i was extra cautious as i have the lens of the right lens (my low beam) still on. So i covered it with nylon wrap (extra from the movers, people moving away from Dubai :S )

Anyway, started to spray.
first coat around 5 puffs back and forth
i don't know how long before second coat, but after another 10 minutes, i made another 4 puffs and another after 15 minutes.

now i'm waiting for it to dry:S
IMG_0467Medium.jpg

hope i don't mess it up, its the point of no return.

Also, i'm working on the wiring now.

cheers

yoka

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, Mod finished....

Main point... It is a not so simple mod, but it will be done even if you have as little experience as myself. "i only installed my car headunit stereo only. not even the speakers :)

Have a loot. tomorrow i should adjust the headlights level.

Cheers, and Again thanks for all the people who responded to my pms and any newbie like me want to go ahead please contact me and i'll give some Newbie tips which might sound common sense to experienced riders.

Here you go with the photos

all set, out of the oven and projectors installed lens is in.

IMG_0475Medium.jpg

Wiring needs to get tidy work.... but may be later

IMG_0478Medium.jpg

Installed
IMG_0479Medium.jpg

Bike on
PODs light on, Angel eye on
IMG_0484Medium.jpg

Fire it up....
IMG_0485Medium.jpg

I like this cyclope look, specially with the yellow and white. AWOSOMEEE

low beam on the wall
IMG_0495Medium.jpg

High beam on the wall
IMG_0496Medium.jpg

My Avatar to be..... (hope i don't confuse anyone, someone got double white)
IMG_0500Medium.jpg

In general i took it for a ride and the beams need to be adjusted.

Special thanks to CV_Rider for sharing the HID kits with me, he took the hassel of spliting the shipment and forward it to me in Dubai.

Next mod:

Throttle Meister. Already arrived
Two brothers Exhaust. Will be shipped tomorrow
Juice box... coming with the above.

Later:
Airbox mod
Preformance Air filter

Future:
Black Swing arm
07' fairing mod.
07' Instrument upgrade.

cheers all.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good! As my partner in splitting the H4/H7 kit, I was sure that I'd end up finishing before you, since I had a week's head start from receiving both the H4 and H7 kit initially. Looks like you lapped me! I'm still trying to button up after installing the BD43 harness. If only my kids would sit and watch TV for 18 hours straight each day this next week, I probably could get out for a ride this weekend...

yoka

Reaction score
Visit site
Hay all again its me.

Today i installed the other side, but i ran into a problem.

The high beam is not working. can anyone suggest why or what should i check.

please helpppppp.