citygers

Reaction score
Visit site
hi folks finally got round to buying a Fazer after years of wanting one , i have one wee niggle my clutch lever almost needs to be fully released before i get to the biting point and the biting point seems quite short , is this common on fazers ?

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
There's not much of a friction zone to the clutch, I think it's a leftover from it being the r6 engine. I have the clutch cable adjusted loose, so the biting point isn't at my finger's full reach. You get used to it

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Plus one ^^^^^. It is short BUT, once used to it, you can shift faster...

Also, clean and lube the clutch cable.

It makes a big difference in the pull and it won't feel half as bad as if it was dirty....

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Plus one ^^^^^. It is short BUT, once used to it, you can shift faster...

Also, clean and lube the clutch cable.

It makes a big difference in the pull and it won't feel half as bad as if it was dirty....
+1 (or rather +2?)

Recently lubed my clutch cable for the first time and I couldn't believe how much resistance I tolerated lol. Lucky my friend and I swapped bikes and he told me from a fresh perspective or I would have never really noticed it needing it. Also my cable is adjusted out loose so I can bang out quicker shifts and don't have to reach all the way out to do so.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well if it makes you feel any better, I just stalled my bike after the light turned green after stopping for a red light, and I have 105,000 miles on my Fizzer. To be fair, I have been riding my Duc most of the time so I simply forgot how short that friction zone was.