Northeast FZ6 Meet - Aug 23rd 2008

Re: Northeast FZ6 Meet - Interested?

Well after I asked my GF to make sure my check got mailed tomorrow, she had second thoughts. I got the "You mean your going on a trip again" deal. I said she is more than welcome to come with me, but here will be no bitching as this will be a 1,500 mile 3 day trip for me. I've done 2,200 in 5 days before so I know my a$$ will hold up, but am worried about hers. Either way I'll be there.

mpb218, I will add you to the list. Thanks!

ant_mb, sorry to hear she won't make the trip. Maybe she'll change her mind as it gets closer.

See ya there!

Guess I don't have a room after all - just called and they have a two-night minimum that they try to keep in July and Aug and since I was only looking for Sat, looks like I'm still looking. Crap - I thought I was going to be done thinking about where to stay...

Guess I don't have a room after all - just called and they have a two-night minimum that they try to keep in July and Aug and since I was only looking for Sat, looks like I'm still looking. Crap - I thought I was going to be done thinking about where to stay...

Anyone getting a room with two beds? Maybe you can share the cost with someone for one of their two nights?

Man that sucks for sure. I do have a confirmed room, and me and my girl(hopefully) will be there really late on Friday, but your more than welcome to stay with us in the room. We may have to camp some how though!

Man that sucks for sure. I do have a confirmed room, and me and my girl(hopefully) will be there really late on Friday, but your more than welcome to stay with us in the room. We may have to camp some how though!

Appreciate the offer but I'll look around and think on my plans some more. Still plenty o' time and I'm sure the answer might be different closer to the date if there's still openings. Mostly it would have been nice to have some indication about the restriction with the online reservation (request) system. In reality, there's nothing that stops it from being a day-trip for me I was just turning it into more b/c everybody else at home was leaving for the weekend anyway.

Appreciate the offer but I'll look around and think on my plans some more. Still plenty o' time and I'm sure the answer might be different closer to the date if there's still openings. Mostly it would have been nice to have some indication about the restriction with the online reservation (request) system. In reality, there's nothing that stops it from being a day-trip for me I was just turning it into more b/c everybody else at home was leaving for the weekend anyway.

Ok, but if you get stuck let me know. I've paid up, and am confirmed.

Updated OP to add another rider. We picked up aplmv from SBN! He is coming 2-Up as well so we have the following list of 20 bikes with 22 people thus far! Awesome!!!

1. FZ6inNH (Eric) (FZ6) (Resort) (Radio)
2. FZ6inNH's wife (Michele) (V Star 650) (Resort) (Radio)
3. Reiobard (Rob) (FZ6) (Resort)
4. Keira (Mrs.Reiobard) (SV650) (Resort)
5. Andyjo (FZ6) (Camper)
6 Andyjo's Girlfriend (2up) (Camper)
7. Chuckfz6ryder (Chuck) (FZ6) (Camper)
8. Mrs. Chuckfz6ryder (Sandy) (FZ6) (Camper)
9. tom5796 (Tom) (FZ6N) (Camper)
10. Pondrat (Michael) (FZ6) (Camper)
11. ant_mb (FZ6) (Radio and GPS)
12. Oldfast007 (Eric) (FZ6)
13. Boo68 (Deb) (FZ6)
14. Josh - Boo68's husband (ZZR1200)
15. Brian (RIII)
16. Carol (Honda VTX1300)
17. githianki (Dave) (FZ6)
18. bcityroller (Scott) (FZ6 w/GPS)
19. markgm (Mark) (FZ6 w/GPS) (Radio) (Camper)
20. mpb218 (Mike) (FZ6)
21. aplmv (FZ6) (2UP) (Resort)

I did a quick search, and it look slike Mt Washington is about 30 minutes from where I'm staying. I'm probably going to stay an extra day and do Mt Washington on Sunday. Anyone done it yet?

I've never been up there at all but I hope the weather is great for that Saturday so we can go. It's a planned part of the trip pending Mother Nature. Sunday is our rain date anyway.

So ant, where you're staying... sounds like you're about one third of the way into the trip! Will you be coming back to meet us at the starting point or are we picking you up along the way? :D

I've booked a room here for Friday and Saturday.

Oh! Did you mean 30 minutes from the meeting point or the Mt Washington? :D

So you're only about 10 minutes or so from us. We're staying at 33 Brookline Road. :thumbup:

Oh! Did you mean 30 minutes from the meeting point or the Mt Washington? :D

So you're only about 10 minutes or so from us. We're staying at 33 Brookline Road. :thumbup:

GPS puts where im staying to MT Wahington as 22 miles. I figure it's a 30 minute ride. I haven't looked up the starting point, but I'll be there on Saturday morning.

GPS puts where im staying to MT Wahington as 22 miles. I figure it's a 30 minute ride. I haven't looked up the starting point, but I'll be there on Saturday morning.

The GPS must mean as the crow flies... ;) You're actually almost 1.5 hours away. Here's the Google map: from: 183 Connector Rd, Lincoln, NH 03251 to: Mt. Washington, NH - Google Maps

But, you're less than 3 miles from us and 2 miles from the start point! Nice choice for a place to stay!!

I gave up trying to save money and just booked a room for both Fri and Sat after all. Seems like most of the places that will let you book one night had rates high enough that it was the same as this place for two-nights anyway. Not sure when I'll head up Fri yet - prolly in the evening unless it turns out to be an extra rough week at work and I want to get out of Dodge earlier.

I gave up trying to save money and just booked a room for both Fri and Sat after all. Seems like most of the places that will let you book one night had rates high enough that it was the same as this place for two-nights anyway. Not sure when I'll head up Fri yet - prolly in the evening unless it turns out to be an extra rough week at work and I want to get out of Dodge earlier.

Excellent! We're all hoping the weather holds out! Weekends here in NH have been CRAP most of the summer. I'm hoping that with all this planning, Mother Nature will cooperate and give NH a break on the 23rd. Rain date is still the 24th!

I was thinking of doing something for the meet... shirts, badges, etc. I created this logo for the meet. Can you see all the references in it? Any thoughts on how we can make this something for each of us who attends? Thoughts?

View attachment 6521

Anyone who is willing to do this, please PM me:

I would like to create a printable listing of all who are attending. Please PM me your name, cell number, where you are staying and an emergency contact (someone not involved with the ride) for each of you. If you do not wish to disclose certain information, that is fine and I understand. This is merely for a head count purpose, last minute changes in plans, and of course, gives us someone to contact should you be injured in any way during this event.

Only disclose what you are comfortable with. My wife will be back next to the sweeper and I will be leading the event. Both of us will carry this list. It will not be shared or used for any other purpose. Your information will not be disclosed to other members of the group.

Thanks all! 14 days left!

Last edited:
Back