Northeast FZ6 Meet - Aug 23rd 2008

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Northeast FZ6 Meet - Interested?

The OP was updated with a couple standard disclaimers and some safety tips for group rides. If you're a 1st timer, please read the entire OP again along with the link to "The Pace"

Thanks and ride safe!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Northeast FZ6 Meet - Interested?

I gave up trying to save money and just booked a room for both Fri and Sat after all. Seems like most of the places that will let you book one night had rates high enough that it was the same as this place for two-nights anyway. Not sure when I'll head up Fri yet - prolly in the evening unless it turns out to be an extra rough week at work and I want to get out of Dodge earlier.

Looks like we're staying t the same place. I'm looking at getting there around midnight on Friday(I have to work).

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Was discussing this upcoming trip with a fellow rider and he mentioned something that's obvious but I hadn't connected the dots in my brain yet. Assuming we actually have weather for the Mt. Washington auto road - it will be quite a bit cooler at the top (15-30 degrees depending on the day I think). I'll need to look at the weather as it gets closer and make sure I bring suitable gear for the potential temps - thought I'd throw it out there.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Was discussing this upcoming trip with a fellow rider and he mentioned something that's obvious but I hadn't connected the dots in my brain yet. Assuming we actually have weather for the Mt. Washington auto road - it will be quite a bit cooler at the top (15-30 degrees depending on the day I think). I'll need to look at the weather as it gets closer and make sure I bring suitable gear for the potential temps - thought I'd throw it out there.

Hell if I get too cold I'll throw on my rain gear. That usually makes me sweat in a couple minutes! Thanks for the heads up though. I'll make sure I pack a sweater.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok folks! For those interested: I've created a Cafe Press store front with a shirt designed for the meet! I do not know if these can be delivered in time for the event but you're free to order them if you want. The original price after design without markup is $17.99 but I have marked them up with a $2.00 per shirt donation to this forum for Dennis! The cost before shipping is $19.99. Please order if you like and as many as you'd like. Or, none at all. Entirely up to you. I am making ZERO money on this transaction and did this only for the meet.

The FZ6 Shop

Thanks and hope to see you all there!

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
bcityroller and ant_mb both brought up an excellent point. Make sure you've packed liners, rain gear and something warm in the event we're able to go up Mt. Washington. 80 degrees at the bottom could be 50 degrees at the top!

Thanks guys!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
A little over a week until the meet guys. I have a 400 mile ride that starts Friday at 4pm before I get to my hotel on Friday night. It'll be late so you'll all probably getting your much needed beauty rest!:Flip: I'm staying over on Satuday as well, so hopefully after the ride we can get together as a group(those that are local or staying over) and have a few drinks, or just a chat. I know we don't have after hour plans yet but what do you guys think?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We will likely be going to soak in the hot tub! :D I'll talk to the wife and see what she wants to do. We're all meeting for dinner at the end of the tour. For those staying in the Lincoln area again Saturday night, we'll be back-tracking the tour route and headed back after dinner through the Kancamagus. :steve: Perhaps we can swing into a local Lincoln place for some chat and refreshments.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
We will likely be going to soak in the hot tub! :D I'll talk to the wife and see what she wants to do. We're all meeting for dinner at the end of the tour. For those staying in the Lincoln area again Saturday night, we'll be back-tracking the tour route and headed back after dinner through the Kancamagus. :steve: Perhaps we can swing into a local Lincoln place for some chat and refreshments.

Cool!!! How many miles(hours) is the Saturday ride? Is there a GPS file available? I haven't check the OP in a while so you might have answered my questions already.;)

Anyway I'm gonna be a little over 400 miles from home on a Saturday night and nothing to do, so one of you bastards are gonna entertain me!:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool!!! How many miles(hours) is the Saturday ride? Is there a GPS file available? I haven't check the OP in a while so you might have answered my questions already.;)

Anyway I'm gonna be a little over 400 miles from home on a Saturday night and nothing to do, so one of you bastards are gonna entertain me!:thumbup:

Maybe we can sneak you into the resort with the four of us? ;) Wish they had a bar on the premises! I can't drink and ride ever.... Especially after a long day!

The OP has the Google Map version of the tour. With our scheduled stops, lunch, and dinner, we're looking at 8am to dinner in North Conway at about 6pm and back to Lincoln by 9 - 10 PM as a worse case scenario. If we don't get to do the Mt. Washington Auto Road, then shave almost 3 hours off that time.

Which I just remembered something! Everyone please be sure to have $12.00 cash on you for Mt. Washington! It is $12.00 per bike to climb the Auto Road. Have it in an accessible area while driving such as an outer pocket of your jacket.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't drink and ride ever....

Nor would I!!! If drinking was involved then a cab is in order for sure.

So it's looking like a full day on Saturday for sure. I really hope we can do MT Washington, as it is on my to do list. it will be a blast no matter what ends up happening.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site

Ant - I've got the gps file I was working on for trip stripped down to just the ride portions. One route is as copied from the google maps route using TYRE which is cool piece of software I found in the new Touring forum. (It's labeled route Munce's Konven. to River St). Also, before finding this software I had previously made my own waypoints/routes including the hotel and back to the hotel from the Muddy Moose so I left them in there too. Not sure which GPS software your Garmin uses but I attached both the MapSource and a GPS exchange file. If I mess around any more I'll post an update.

Since I couldn't post the GPS files in the message as a direct attachment I renamed the files to look like Word files - right-click and "save target as" and then just delete the .doc and replace the "_" with a "." in the filenames and you should be good to go (I think).

Also since we're staying at the same place I'm pretty sure we can figure out beverages Sat night without having to ride anywhere afterwards.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Ant - I've got the gps file I was working on for trip stripped down to just the ride portions. One route is as copied from the google maps route using TYRE which is cool piece of software I found in the new Touring forum. (It's labeled route Munce's Konven. to River St). Also, before finding this software I had previously made my own waypoints/routes including the hotel and back to the hotel from the Muddy Moose so I left them in there too. Not sure which GPS software your Garmin uses but I attached both the MapSource and a GPS exchange file. If I mess around any more I'll post an update.

Since I couldn't post the GPS files in the message as a direct attachment I renamed the files to look like Word files - right-click and "save target as" and then just delete the .doc and replace the "_" with a "." in the filenames and you should be good to go (I think).

Also since we're staying at the same place I'm pretty sure we can figure out beverages Sat night without having to ride anywhere afterwards.

Thanks for the file man. I forgot that you were staying at the riverbank too. I'm sure we'll work somethin out for Saurday as well.

It looks like I will be 2 up on this one too. Kellina has said she will join me, and that's fine with me.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Weather is looking good!!! i am getting very excited!!!

After all the CRAPPY weather we;ve endured over the last few weeks, this planned event looks like the BEST weather of the summer! Thank you Mother Nature!!!

Final Roll call. Please post a simple "I'm in!" if you are sure you're coming. We don't want to think you're not coming and leave the meet point without you. ;)