Not my shame. but I'll share

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
He had on full height track boots so that helped prevent injuries to his feet, ankles for sure.

He wants to ride today. No loss of confidence so far. It's almost the end of our season, so maybe next Spring...

Ya, looks like its getting end of the season, here in N.C and Tennessee, with my full suit, I felt a bit cold in the morning until 10am, sun came out completely.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your boy is ok Mon, i know that sinking feeling when your son comes off in yr sight
The last time he had an incident he told me a few weeks after. Still gives the willies!
+1 for experience the hard way but he's around to use it! Phew!

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, I forgot all the sand. That's fun too. NDOT is liberal with the sand and it stays around for weeks.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Blimey, good to hear he's ok considering the accident and glad you guys are ok too.
Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Thanks! He was pretty sore yesterday, but better today. His appetite is back - for a 20 year old male that indicates everything is OK. heehee
I'm sure he will recover a lot quicker than if it was me or Rich. lol

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We'll see about it when it's single digits in December and January.... Watch out for the ice too, it'll get ya

You mean like these single digits?

20131209_071033_zps73dcb9df.jpg

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
So, we're through the weekend now. How much time has he spent in the student union bar (or what ever the American equivalent is), massively embellishing and exaggerating the story, for the romantic entanglement of nubile young ladies? Chicks dig bikes. Chicks dig scars. Bike scars, KAPOW! There go her underwear at about MACH2.4.........

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
So, we're through the weekend now. How much time has he spent in the student union bar (or what ever the American equivalent is), massively embellishing and exaggerating the story, for the romantic entanglement of nubile young ladies? Chicks dig bikes. Chicks dig scars. Bike scars, KAPOW! There go her underwear at about MACH2.4.........

Hey now, I'm the momma. I don't want hear about these things. :spank:

In America legal drinking age is 21 so he isn't heading to the bars yet. But he has been telling everyone his story. He is normally reserved not wanting to be the center of attention (he usually leaves that for his sister), but this time not so much. He works on campus and they had a meeting Saturday morning. I think it ended up being Greg retelling his crash story. Yes, chicks dig bikes & bikers (I should know I married to one heehee).

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey now, I'm the momma. I don't want hear about these things. :spank:

Awwwww, he'll always be your baby, even when he's got his own. Lol

In America legal drinking age is 21 so he isn't heading to the bars yet.

Such a waste of the best drinking years! You need your youth for proper hangover control.

. I think it ended up being Greg retelling his crash story. Yes, chicks dig bikes & bikers (I should know I married to one heehee).

Like father like son no doubt, if his dad can pull it off, he should have no worries! Lol

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
So glad to hear your son will be ok. Totally understand what it's like from the parent point of view Mom, scary stuff. .

Hwy 49 is so fun but can bite fast, sounds like he needs to work on holding his line while staying right but he will ride another day-that's a real good thing!

I agree with you...winter sand sucks!!!!

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
So glad to hear your son will be ok. Totally understand what it's like from the parent point of view Mom, scary stuff. .

Hwy 49 is so fun but can bite fast, sounds like he needs to work on holding his line while staying right but he will ride another day-that's a real good thing!

I agree with you...winter sand sucks!!!!

We hope he learned his lesson. He was riding above his skill level. Over confident (20 year old Male syndrome). He will be doing some reading over the winter to make sure he learned his lesson. Also, no collison insurance so we have to repair bike on our own. He will be spending the winter finding parts off of EBAY, etc. He'll have to figure out what needs to replaced and do the work. Dad will help him. Good experience for him as well as some good consequences. Hit the boy in the wallet. That'll hurt. We'll help some but he has to contribute.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We'll help some but he has to contribute.

Why not have Greg join this forum. The forum is a great source of information and can be used a a learning tool by reading some of the crashed or almost crashed threads. The gear test thread posted by your husband on the other forum was quite active.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Why not have Greg join this forum. The forum is a great source of information and can be used a a learning tool by reading some of the crashed or almost crashed threads. The gear test thread posted by your husband on the other forum was quite active.

Oh, Greg will be reading the SSA posts for sure. We are letting him heal up and we have company coming for the Nugget Rib Cook Off this weekend, so he will be getting more "teaching" and reading coming up. He just started a semester at UNR too so he won't be riding any time soon.

His accident was rider error and could have been prevented - he agrees - so he will learn from this incident and go on. Hopefully, we don't repeat this event again. If so, we might be making some changes.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
OMG, couldn't believe how packed the Nugget Rib Cook Off was and it's only Wed.

Yep, we're going today (Saturday). With the cooler temps, it's going to be packed. ugh! Warning, don't go Monday unless you want to be packed in with a bunch of smelly, dirt burners coming off the playa.

Did you see any Burners coming into town last week? Interesting, eh? You can recognize which vehicles are leaving Burning Man by the layer of thick white dust on their vehicles and because they are broken down on the side of the road. Avoid them at all costs. If they aren't high, they are exhausted from a week of partying. Most leave town by Monday, but some hang around for another week or so. Be aware. This group is almost as bad as the H-D riders during Street Vibrations.

RPF

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this road Monica - I worked in the USFS for years up around there and I hit black ice a couple times on 49. Love that ride up to Sierra City and over to Graeagle! Hope your sons heals up and gets back in the saddle.