Now we are cooking!

Funky Larma

Reaction score
Visit site
It has been a while since I've posted or shown my face around here, not through choice just been snowed under.
Anyway I thought I'd give you a low down on my first 'real' outing on the FZ6.
Last week I'd clocked up 570 miles and the bike went in for the standard first service. Since then I have been creeping the rev's up and opening it up a bit more; wow!

Then this week my partner finally recieved her helmet and we decided to take a trip out to the coast.
First impressions are what a difference the pillon makes, turning felt un-nerving at slow speeds yet confident at a higher speed's. After a few miles we both settled down and enjoyed the ride through the country.
We ended up at the coast and despite her *** feeling a bit numb, mine was fine, it was really good fun.
On the way home I decided to take a more direct route and hit the main roads, even with a cross wind and passenger the bike sat at 70mph quite happily; rather I sat quite happily at 70mph!

When we finally got home I checked the clocks and it was a total of 120miles, nothing extreme but the longest I've been and with a passenger.
It really opened up another avenue in biking and made a great change of just using the bike as a means of getting to work!

mattcouch

Reaction score
Visit site
That's great. Adding a passenger is definately an almost seperate skill set, but it does turn the bike into more than just a commute scoot.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you had fun. The bike will wheelie really easily with a passenger who is sitting upright, so be careful when hammering it in 1st gear.
________
Live sex

Last edited: