OEM 2009 fz6 oil filter

steph70

Reaction score
Visit site
Just went to my local dealer to pick up a new oil filter and apparently the number change from 5GH-13440-00-00 to 3FV-13440-10-00 the guy at the counter assure me that this will fit no problem but I have doubt didn't see anything on the net about that! did anybody install the new number filter on their bike?

Powerman

Reaction score
Visit site
Just went to my local dealer to pick up a new oil filter and apparently the number change from 5GH-13440-00-00 to 3FV-13440-10-00 the guy at the counter assure me that this will fit no problem but I have doubt didn't see anything on the net about that! did anybody install the new number filter on their bike?

Don't know about that but take a look at the Purolator or K and N filters. Less money and probably better.

steph70

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I wrote to Yamaha Canada today and just got an answer, turn's out the counter guy was wrong 5GH-13440-00-00 is the correct filter:spank:

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
Just to clarify the part number situation, the first three numbers/letters represent the vehicle model code, the following 5 numbers represent the actual part, the next two numbers the design code, and the last two the colour/finish code.

In essence, if the actual part element of the number is the same, the part is the same regardless of the model code placed before it. However a different design code will mean that the part has been modified, but will still fit retrospectively, even though it may not be the recommended design code for an older model. No prize for guessing that a different colour/finish code means the part has a different colour/finish, commonly used in bodywork part numbers.

You've said your bike is a 2009 model, this means that you require the filter with design code 02, as design code 00 is specified for 04-06 models, and design code 02 for 07-onwards models, not too sure what happened to 01 this time? Maybe they lost count...

Hope this helps,

Yamahaboyz

Last edited:

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
You've said your bike is a 2009 model, this means that you require the filter with design code 02, as design code 00 is specified for 04-06 models, and design code 02 for 07-onwards models, not too sure what happened to 01 this time? Maybe they lost count...

Hope this helps,

Yamahaboyz

Why would there be a different filter between S1 and S2 models? The engine is near identical.

Personally, I couldn't care less. I actually tell the guy at the counter it's for an '03 R6 so it's easier for him to find.

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not too sure why they specify different design codes for the different models, it's a shame they don't announce why, would be quite interesting I'm sure.

Yamahaboyz

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to shamelessly admit that I have begun to run the Fram 6017A filters regularly with no problems. (I know they get bad press here sometimes but they work well for my usage and are readily available)