OES frame slider question

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed the OES frame sliders a few minutes ago. I just bought the regular one (not the extended or bigger diameter one). The right looks great, but i'm uncertain about the left side.

The slider doesn't look like it has enough clearance, if i go down on the left side it looks like i will still damage the crankcase cover.

Thinking of returning it and going with the GIVI crashbars.

Opinions?

IMG_0003-2.jpg

tanman

Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried crash bobbins and engine bars and unfortunately have crashed both (20mph on bobbins and 35 mph on engine bars) the bobbins saved the tank and frame but damaged the crank case cover LHS and the engine bars saved the crankcase but the tank was dented. At the end of the day its £750 for a new tank and £80 for a new stator cover. I have gone back to bobbins. For reference mine is a 05 naked euro and both crashes were due to gravel on sh1t English roads. Hope that helps!
Thinking about it I think you may have the bobbins on the wrong way round ( left to right ) ?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried crash bobbins and engine bars and unfortunately have crashed both (20mph on bobbins and 35 mph on engine bars) the bobbins saved the tank and frame but damaged the crank case cover LHS and the engine bars saved the crankcase but the tank was dented. At the end of the day its £750 for a new tank and £80 for a new stator cover. I have gone back to bobbins. For reference mine is a 05 naked euro and both crashes were due to gravel on sh1t English roads. Hope that helps!
Thinking about it I think you may have the bobbins on the wrong way round ( left to right ) ?
I agree, switch them around. The shortest one should be on the right-hand side of the bike.

Nelly

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the OES sliders, and had the same problem you do. It was really obvious with the TCP lower fairing installed. I called them and they said that they make longer ones if I want to buy a longer one, but didn't offer to replace one for being too short, which I think it is. I bought a set of the long ones, and had been planning on selling the 1 long 1 short extra set I now have. Lemme know if you're interested. I'd prefer to sell as a set, and plan to take a modest loss. Before and after pics below:

View attachment 42329
View attachment 42330
View attachment 42331

vincentmoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the extended version and I'll have to say it's pretty better as far as low speed crash. I have dropped my bike on both side at 0/ park lot speed and which I got slight scratch on the crank cover, bar end, and mirror housing, everything is fine.

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Biggie_B

Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking about purchasing the OES frame sliders and have a few questions. The regular frame sliders are 2.8" inches long and the extended frame sliders are 3.8" long. In a low speed or stationary drop, will both sets protect the fairings on the bike or do you need to opt for the extended sliders for that? Also, what are the pros/cons of opting for the 2" diameter sliders versus the skinnier 1.75 inch. Thanks.

boarder4life81

Reaction score
Visit site
OES extended frame sliders saved my bike last August when a guy ran a stop sign and hit me. Slider took all the pavement impact and save the tank. In addition to the frame slider consider some kind of extended bar ends. The only major damage was a scrapped light cowl ($60). I got these after the accident (Yamaha bar ends) and (now) if the bike goes down these two things will absorb most of the impact.

thinkpol

Rippin' It
Reaction score
Visit site
Just figured I'd chime in with my experience.

I dumped my bike at about 15 mph last night while leaving a parking lot. I was having a little fun and leaned too deep with too much throttle. Cold tires and pavement didn't help. Bike went down on the right side, on which I had a short OES frame slider installed. Radiator hose was minorly scuffed, and there is very small damage to the bar end and both brake levers. Other than that, the short slider saved the important parts of the bike. I have a long slider on the left side for the extra crankcase cover exposure.

Good luck out there. **** happens. The bruises on my ass and my possibly broken finger prove it.

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
OES extended frame sliders saved my bike last August when a guy ran a stop sign and hit me. Slider took all the pavement impact and save the tank. In addition to the frame slider consider some kind of extended bar ends. The only major damage was a scrapped light cowl ($60). I got these after the accident (Yamaha bar ends) and (now) if the bike goes down these two things will absorb most of the impact.

Sorry for your accident and sorry that you didn't get the new bike due to the insurance claim which I think you could have had $$$ insurance for new bike! However the best thing you were survived the crash that you still can ride again!