Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
combined bragging/question post...
look what big brown truck brought to my house the other day:
20140717_051758-M.jpg

Nolan N104. bright bright yellow (pictures do not do it justice - this thing is blinding). After doing a lot of research and even toying with idea of completely disregarding DOT certification and getting a helmet while on business trip to London (Roof Boxer - turned out it doesn't fit me well, despite what i would consider the coolest look - tell me it doesnt look like a military helmet), the last straw was the deal at motorcyclegear.com $300 for a hi-viz model - cant do much better than that.

Anyhow, main Question - what do you do with your old helmet? I already have 2, and they are just taking up space. I'm tempted to test one of them with a sledgehammer. Anybody else done anything interesting with their old helmet?

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
I put 'em on a shelf in my garage, kinda like like some people keep baseball caps. Kinda neat to look at the helmet's you used to wear throughout the years.:thumbup:

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a small row of helmets, 3 of mine and one for the wifey!

NB: The Roof Boxer is the best looking helmet but I don't think it shaped for a human head, PacMan might be able to wear it (I bought one and gave it away). If you feel like having a spare, look at the Airoh TR1, very similar to the Roof look.

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
I love the Roof Boxer. Looks absolutely awesome, like something a fighter pilot would wear. But the price puts me off, as does Sharps rating which says 57% of impacts the faceguard remained fully locked. Too low a percentage for me.

Kinda developed the horn for the Shark Vancore. Similar type of looks
Shark Helmet Vancore Blank Matt Black :: Helmets :: Shark

As for old helmets, I have them sat on top of a wardrobe alongside the one I use. I did buy one a couple of years ago that I hardly use because the visor flips up when I do 60mph. Not good.

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
I give them away. I gave a JHC full face to a neighbor. Her boyfriend just bought an old Yamaha. A 920 Virago, I think. He is 20 and immortal. He knows he is the special snowflake that will NEVER go down. He has a German helmet. The kind with a spike sticking out of the top. It matches his complete with holes over the little toes Chuck Taylors. That and his Bermuda shorts complete the T-shirt ensamble that all the special snowflakes wear. She is a good kid and pretty as a picture. Runner-up Miss Tennessee a few years back.
I have known her since her parents brought her home from the maternity ward. So I took advantage of the 'Uncle Sammy' thing to give her the full face and explain to her that a sudden stop would break her nose on the back of his hat without the protection of the full face. Then I showed her the body armor I wear and made her promise to never get on a motorcycle without Boots, a helmet and at least canvas trousers (Jeans AKA Levis). He has since ditched the Chucks for harness boots and his Kraut hat for a open face with visor. Little by little.:thumbup:
I gave my open face to a 14 year old kid that tried to run me over with his 4 wheeler. I generated a miss, then went by and talked to his father. I told him (the kid) that a helmet won't help when 600 Pounds of man and motorcycle hits his chest but for just falling off while being a dumbass, it's just the thing.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Send it too Brenda and she can plant a pretty Flower in it! [MENTION=919]lytehouse[/MENTION]

If its not fit for use saw it in half, shotgun, axe (be careful)....

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Took one apart then gave the shell to the co-op at work. He is a total gamer type so it probably got the call of duty. He was really excited to get it - doesn't have a bike or motorcycle.