One of my turn signals is 'broke'

WolfwoodFz6

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike came with a fender eliminator, so the signals are mounted on the license plate bracket. (if this is important?)

I went for a ride Friday, and when i got off the bike i noticed one of them was hanging by the wires. The rubber that is suppose to be supporting it had broken off.

I had though about swapping out the tail light for an LED version anyway, and wouldn't mind doing the same with the signals. Can anyone recommend some, or will just any signals do?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have not done it yet, but I will be getting some Rizoma Zero 11'a. But you are asking a style question and to that there is no wrong answer. Just go for quality because whatever you fall in love with you will want to have for a long time. There is lots of crap out there. Good luck.

WolfwoodFz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have not done it yet, but I will be getting some Rizoma Zero 11'a. But you are asking a style question and to that there is no wrong answer. Just go for quality because whatever you fall in love with you will want to have for a long time. There is lots of crap out there. Good luck.

Thats mainly why im asking tho. Its not so much for style than function. Im just wanting some input on good quality ones, then ill just pick from the recommendations.

I ask cause i had though about getting front signals that are integrated with the mirrors, but alot of reviews ive read say the quality on those is crap. So im just looking for quality feedback.

WolfwoodFz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I found these locally for about $35. Going to make sure they can install on my bike before i open them. Hopefully they will work out, tho i have a sneaky feeling i will need a new signal relay :|

UcX7UmEl.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

WolfwoodFz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I've recently sourced a great place to purchase the electronic relays

Do tell? Where did they come from? The one i found was $20.

Also, now im kinda getting the bug. I figure, if im going to replace the rear signals, i might as well go ahead an do the fronts too, and perhaps even the tail light. My main question on the front signals is..

How compatible are front signals for a 09+ Fz6 for a 08- Fz6? A video i saw pointed me to These Proton signals, but it only lists it for the 09+ Fz6 models. Not sure these are the exact ones i want (as im not really convinced that flushmounts are all that visible from the front) but just for future reference i was wondering.

Also, any product recommendations you guys have would be awesome.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do tell? Where did they come from? The one i found was $20.

Also, now im kinda getting the bug. I figure, if im going to replace the rear signals, i might as well go ahead an do the fronts too, and perhaps even the tail light. My main question on the front signals is..

How compatible are front signals for a 09+ Fz6 for a 08- Fz6? A video i saw pointed me to These Proton signals, but it only lists it for the 09+ Fz6 models. Not sure these are the exact ones i want (as im not really convinced that flushmounts are all that visible from the front) but just for future reference i was wondering.

Also, any product recommendations you guys have would be awesome.

Here:Super Bright LEDs - Electronic LED Flashers Specifications

Look at my first post on the previous link I posted. There is the link to the web site and the electronic flasher relay for $8.95

WolfwoodFz6

Reaction score
Visit site

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah, must have missed it. Does it mount easily to the bike where the old relay is? I think i found where that is located, and they are all mounted via rubber mounts.

I have this same relay for my 2004 FZ6 and yes it mounts to the inner left fender where the OEM relay is and works awesome to bring your blink rate back to normal. It's just a plug and go.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike came with a fender eliminator, so the signals are mounted on the license plate bracket. (if this is important?)

I went for a ride Friday, and when i got off the bike i noticed one of them was hanging by the wires. The rubber that is suppose to be supporting it had broken off.

I had though about swapping out the tail light for an LED version anyway, and wouldn't mind doing the same with the signals. Can anyone recommend some, or will just any signals do?

I have this kit and its worked very well for me. He sells just the lights as well. Of course you can just do away with your signals and get an integrated taillight, it's legal just not sure if it's enough of a signal for people behind me to suit me safety wise.

Yamaha FZ6 FZ 6 Fender Eliminator 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 Black 2T s NL | eBay

Last edited:

WolfwoodFz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have this kit and its worked very well for me. He sells just the lights as well. Of course you can just do away with your signals and get an integrated taillight, it's legal just not sure if it's enough of a signal for people behind me to suit me safety wise.

Yamaha FZ6 FZ 6 Fender Eliminator 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 Black 2T s NL | eBay

Oh nice. That looks setup so that the plate is separate from the signals. That'd be nice, though its not a massive deal once i have the plate on i guess. But i'll thnk about that for sure.

Haha, ok, i bought it. I found a cheaper version with out the signals, cause i already bought signals. I had to look where it would mount, and it will mount a bit further back than my current one does, which i guess is good for viability. Thanks for the link. Hes even in my state! (which proly means ill have to pay sales tax on it later lol)

Last edited:

lrojasma

Reaction score
Visit site
For those wanting a little cheaper stock FZ6 turn lights this could be interesting.

The Yamaha FZ16, comes with the same turn lights but with different bulb, but externally they look exactly the same, and they cost about 15US each.

I used this alternatve to stock one that are very costly.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a note/thought re the color when illuminated. In Florida, (likely a DOT requirement), the rear directionals must be yellow or red as I re-call.

Clear might be an issue with your local constable if he's not having a good day and wants to meet you... :(

If they light up not WHITE, you should be fine..