One of them has to go..

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is the deal.. One of my bikes has to go but cant decide which one.

1.- 2002 Red Honda Superhawk 996cc - 14k miles
2.- 2007 Blue Yamaha FZ6 600cc -14k miles also

Superhawk eat the cam chain a few months ago, couldnt live with out a bike and I just got done saving cash for a small pick-up. Saw the fz6 for sale really cheap and went for it instead... Im so addicted to riding, when my red bike was in the shop, I was going nuts... I didnt think it would run again after all the noise it made eating the chain... $500 later and a lil dent on the tank, red is up and running again.... Right now I cant walk in my garage and Im not willing to park any of my vehicles out side.. I have a SUV for wife, Corolla-little 4 banger for daughter and my two bikes...

If I was to sell the bikes I would like to get $2500 for red or $3500 for blue. They are so different. I wish I could keep them both... I like the torque on red and the MPG I get with blue, lol, one is really loud the other is whisper quiet. One is full on racing every where you go, the other is mellow but kicks and bites it you make it go over 8k RPMs.

Im to the point that if I cant decide Im going to let both of them go...

Jon

Thanks for listening.... Now get me a beer! lol
THE BAR

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Superhawk eat the cam chain a few months ago, couldnt live with out a bike and I just got done saving cash for a small pick-up. Saw the fz6 for sale really cheap and went for it instead... Im so addicted to riding, when my red bike was in the shop, I was going nuts... I didnt think it would run again after all the noise it made eating the chain... $500 later and a lil dent on the tank, red is up and running again.... Right now I cant walk in my garage and Im not willing to park any of my vehicles out side.. I have a SUV for wife, Corolla-little 4 banger for daughter and my two bikes...

If I was to sell the bikes I would like to get $2500 for red or $3500 for blue. They are so different. I wish I could keep them both... I like the torque on red and the MPG I get with blue, lol, one is really loud the other is whisper quiet. One is full on racing every where you go, the other is mellow but kicks and bites it you make it go over 8k RPMs.

Jon

Thanks for listening.... Now get me a beer! lol
THE BAR
Which one gives you the best of both worlds? Doe's your wife ride with you or would she like to? Only you can decide and in your heart of hearts you already know what your going to do. Good luck with it.

Nelly

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My opinion, but keep the Fizzer.

Newer, better 'all round bike', nice and comfortable to ride in the city - and then get it over 8000rpm and she wakes up - really best of both worlds.

Sell Red, get an aftermarket pipe for the Fizzer, and you'll have it all!

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: And then if you need to rationalise the decision, the Fizzer has twin headlights, so better illumination and redundancy should one blow, the Fizzer has the benefit of 5 years more development, the Fizzer is more economical, the Fizzer is more comfortable for distance (esp for the pillion) etc.....

Last edited:

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that the fact you're asking this question in the FZ6 forum shows your hand... You want to keep the Fazer, you just need some encouragement.

You know the answer already!

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
Which one gives you the best of both worlds? Doe's your wife ride with you or would she like to? Only you can decide and in your heart of hearts you already know what your going to do. Good luck with it.

Nelly
Wife likes the Fz6, she likes to go everywhere with me.. (not the best thing) I like riding alone if you know what I mean...

My opinion, but keep the Fizzer.

Newer, better 'all round bike', nice and comfortable to ride in the city - and then get it over 8000rpm and she wakes up - really best of both worlds.

Sell Red, get an aftermarket pipe for the Fizzer, and you'll have it all!

Cheers,
Rick

Theres some things Im still getting used to on the FZ. Clutch feels weird compared to all my other bikes and the tranny feels ... IDK .. Small... lol It also feels nice not looking for an imaginary 7th gear while going 75 -80 mph. The superhawk goes 80mph on 4th and it feels comfortable.. but it feels like if its taking you piggy back.. lol not the most comfortable position..

I think that the fact you're asking this question in the FZ6 forum shows your hand... You want to keep the Fazer, you just need some encouragement.

You know the answer already!

Well this forum is more than just the FZ6-forum, you guys are like a distant cousin... :thumbup: Most of the people I know or talked to in this forum ride other than FZ6.. I belong to probably 8 other forums and I have never felt so welcomed like in here.. :welcome: Not to mention that this forum is one of the easiest and cleanest out there..... If I keep the FZ I would definitely end up trading it in for a FZ1.. The thing is once you experience a litter bike is hard to go back down from it.. IMO. The FZ definitely needs new pipes..

thanks all of you for your replies..

Jon

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site

Right now I cant walk in my garage and Im not willing to park any of my vehicles out side.. I have a SUV for wife, Corolla-little 4 banger for daughter and my two bikes...

I wish I could keep them both... I like the torque on red and the MPG I get with blue, lol, one is really loud the other is whisper quiet. One is full on racing every where you go, the other is mellow but kicks and bites it you make it go over 8k RPMs.

If you need to let one of the bikes go due to space restriction..... Have you considered buying/building an extra parking shed or carport?? :ban::BLAA:
That way you can keep both your bikes! :thumbup:

It really is a tough call though. The FZ6 is capable of almost everything, but being a 600cc, it can lack some torque, especially when riding 2-up + luggage.
The VTR has loads of torque, and that sexy v-twin rumble :drool: (my cousin has one as well, with de-baffled remus exhausts :eek::drool:) and it is a blast to drive.

Both bikes very maintenance friendly (the FZ6 is nearly maintenance free, but the VTR doesn't need much too).
The biggest difference might be carburettors vs EFI.... So here, the FZ6 would win.

My opinion: if you don't need to sell one of the bikes (no money problems, etc.), don't do it... :)

Grtz,

Degake

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Well this forum is more than just the FZ6-forum, you guys are like a distant cousin... :thumbup: Most of the people I know or talked to in this forum ride other than FZ6.. I belong to probably 8 other forums and I have never felt so welcomed like in here.. :welcome: Not to mention that this forum is one of the easiest and cleanest out there.....

Jon

Yeah, we all know we're very special :cheer:
FZ6-forum.com really is the biggest and best online community/family!! :rockon:

Maybe we should need a global meeting at some time??? :BLAA:
Imagine that :drool:

Grtz,

Degake

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you have a standard two car garage, 20' x 20', you can easily get two cars and TWO bikes in it.

You may to do some gargae cleaning out but its easily done.

In my garage, I was up to 3 bikes but when down to 2, I had one parked on the side wall, near the main door. The other I parked "crosswise" (lenthwise across the front of my Four runner SUV-Not small).

If your really looking to go down to one new FZ1, IMO, it'd be better to sell one now (Honda) and sell/trade the other later. Buying a NEW bike, OUT of riding season, end of the year close out/leftovers, willl save you some $ too...

Sounds like you enjoy both bikes for different reasons. IMO, I'd keep both after cleaning out the garage.

An accessory, that works as advertised (I own one), especially for tight spots is the "Park and Move". It does work as easily as the video shows (and does come in handy with service work too). Excellent customer service BTW too:

Legal Speeding | About Us

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
An accessory, that works as advertised (I own one), especially for tight spots is the "Park and Move". It does work as easily as the video shows (and does come in handy with service work too). Excellent customer service BTW too:

Legal Speeding | About Us

And if you don't have a center stand (like me), you could use the long version of the mover:
motormover.jpg

Or you could buy a pair of Moovamoto movable paddock stands.... (great concept, though maybe a bit pricey for a paddock)
Moovamoto.jpg

LINK

Or maybe a rear wheel moto mover? :don'tknow:
mm_rerawheel.jpg

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, honestly, keep the super hawk. That thing is legendary. The cash from the fz6 sale can be gas money for the next 5 years.

:eek:

I love my fz6, don't get me wrong! But the super hawk is an awesome bike.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I have often thought about that lol, where would we host it?

Nelly

Yamaha headquarters??

Or maybe we could do a continental meeting, e.g. At Yamaha Europe, Yamaha USA, ... :D (it would be easier to get at that place with your bike, instead of shipping it across the world :eek:)

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I'd keep the FZ6 but that's because if I only have one bike it HAS to be comfortable for longer trips and still capable of fun in the twisties. Could you ride Red 1,000 miles in 3 days and feel fine? The older we get the more we realize how uncomfortable sport bikes are. I'm only 34 but I bought a cruiser to compliment my FZ6 for trips longer than 3 hours. If I am in pain I can't enjoy the ride!

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
fazer and not because like most here I ride one. Newer bike, loves to rev past 8k, and it can't be that much slower then your hawk and like it was said above, get an aftermarket pipe and you will have your sound.

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what I managed to do.. I have to play tetris to get the bikes out... :BLAA:.. I rearanged the garage a little but I hate to see one of the bikes sitting around all the time.. I love the hawk its really smooth and furious :rockon:, one of the things why I decided to buy the FZ was FI system.. I wanted to experience it. All my previous bikes were carburated.. :D The other thing thats going on is that daughter is going to college and shes taking the toyota. I hate little cars. I want to get a pick-up and things are not going to fit the same once I get one. Money wise, Im ok, not great as 4-6 years ago but I cant complaint. If I decide to keep the hawk I will have to get new tires and spend a little green doing fluid, brakes and maybe a lowering kit lol I know Im short Im 5 11 also the front suspension on the hawks are horrible.. I live in a apartment building, cant built anything lol. Ill look into those Park and Move units... They look pretty cool.

Thanks a lot for your comments... We should have a international meeting.. Im totally down for it.. You guys can come to SoCal any time.. lol

Jon

Last edited:

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what I managed to do.. I have to play tetris to get the bikes out... :BLAA:.. I rearanged the garage a little but I hate to see one of the bikes sitting around all the time.. I love the hawk its really smooth and furious :rockon:, one of the things why I decided to buy the FZ was FI system.. I wanted to experience it. All my previous bikes were carburated.. :D The other thing thats going on is that daughter is going to college and shes taking the toyota. I hate little cars. I want to get a pick-up and things are not going to fit the same once I get one. Money wise, Im ok, not great as 4-6 years ago but I cant complaint. If I decide to keep the hawk I will have to get new tires and spend a little green doing fluid, brakes and maybe a lowering kit lol I know Im short Im 5 11 also the front suspension on the hawks are horrible.. I live in a apartment building, cant built anything lol. Ill look into those Park and Move units... They look pretty cool.

Thanks a lot for your comments... We should have a international meeting.. Im totally down for it.. You guys can come to SoCal any time.. lol

Jon

Bikes traded places today.. Tires on the FZ are new, new.. So got to wear them down.. Lol

Jon:Im With Stupid::justkidding:

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
Almost a year and 3,000 miles later, the FZ6 left my garage.. Love the bike, it was a great ride... But couldn't afford to keep them both and the honda is not in riding conditions just yet.. It looks like it went to a good home....

:thumbup:

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Almost a year and 3,000 miles later, the FZ6 left my garage.. Love the bike, it was a great ride... But couldn't afford to keep them both and the honda is not in riding conditions just yet.. It looks like it went to a good home....

:thumbup:

You couldn't go wrong either way. :thumbup: