Opinions needed on a large purchase

The scorpion is a very good helmet, my girlfriend has one. It does not fog at ALL. It has an anti-fog coating applied to the visor. She does complain about the weight and noise as others have mentioned. It also has a weird profile, seems to be taller than my Shoei. More like an astronaut helmet. But that's about the only negative stuff. She got her EXO-700 for 109 from sportbiketrackgear.com.

The bike's electronics are completely rain proof. The chain should be relubed after every ride in the rain, maybe not cleaned, just given a shot of lube. Be VERY careful for the first 30-45 after it starts raining. The road is slipperiest with all the oil and crap that floats up before it washes off the surface. Take it easy with the acceleration and braking. I would reccomend reflective tape or a reflective jacket for rain riding. With the right gear, and being safe rain riding shouldn't be a problem.

Checked out the site and they are all sold out of the "cheaper" ones.... oh well nice site....

I love my HJC FS-10 - the best value for money helmet. They released a new IS-16 which is the same features and cheaper too.

Last edited:
Bought the helmet over the weekend at my local dealer. The guy told me the wrong price so he gave me the price he quoted rather than they what they were supposed to sell it for, must be their policy :) I love the helmet. Fits so well, light, no fogging, and hardly any lifting.

The rest of the stuff will be bought this month hopefully. I also got to try on the jacket at the store and it was awesome. The pricing on most of the merchandise at the dealer was the same or a couple bucks more than the online store. I was really surprised by that. I will still order online since i don't pay tax and i have a $50 off coupon.

Back