Ottimoto Rearset help/intrsuction thread

agp

Reaction score
Visit site
I have received a couple questions regarding ottimoto rearsets. I have also seen a question thread regarding the rearsets. I would like to assist anyone with questions.

Instead of trying to help people individually I will disassemble and reassemble mine taking detailed pics along the way. I intend to produce step-by-step instructions using the pics. It will probably be color prints of the pics with hand written instructions, then I will scan sheets into a PDF and upload it here. Sorry I don't really have the time to do a true professional job on the instructions. I should have it done by the end of the weekend.

Please let me know anything you want extra detail on.

Shinleung

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Last edited:

fordfanmatt

Reaction score
Visit site
do those rearsets allow you to convert to gp shifting, if not, does anyone know of any that do?

Hillbilly

Reaction score
Visit site
Shinleung,

It looks like you have the pegs as far back and as high as they would go.
Is that correct?
If so, is there really that much of a difference in the riding position and do you notice any change in the way the bike handles with the different foot positioning?
I guess what I'm asking, is it worth the money?

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
Shinleung,

It looks like you have the pegs as far back and as high as they would go.
Is that correct?
If so, is there really that much of a difference in the riding position and do you notice any change in the way the bike handles with the different foot positioning?
I guess what I'm asking, is it worth the money?

I have the Ottimotos, as high and far back as possible, and...
There is a tangible difference in how your position feels (much more sporty), but it really doesn't affect the handling (except a couple of extra inches of clearance in full lean).
They are definitely worth the money, especially considering the $600 price tag on the Rizomas. :eek: