Ouch

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We just finished installing a race sprocket and chain set on my friend's gixxer 600 when he decided to test it out by doing a wheelie in the parking lot. Unfortunately he had the front wheel ****ed, so he immediately high sided to the left on landing at about 10 mph. He didn't have any gear on. He cut up his hand trying to keep his head up and banged his knee hard on the pavement along with mild road rash along his whole left side. I also think he hit his head, but he won't admit it. We didn't have the bike finished yet, so the side fairings were off, so the damage to the bike included a cracked front fairing, scuffed frame (just ugly, not damaged), scuffed crankcase cover, broken shifter, and bent foot peg. There might be more because we were using my headlights for lighting at the time.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Surprising how much damage you sustain to your body at such slow speed. Riding a bicycle through San Francisco one time, I was riding along the edge of parked cars to avoid going slow in the middle of the street, and someone opened their door right into me, knocked me off. Nothing too serious, but I was cut pretty good on my leg and arm, ended up getting stitches for it. Checked the GPS log later, and I was going 12mph at the time. You'd never think you could get dinged up so much at slow speed, but you sure can.