Owners Manual Placement

PZ 1

Reaction score
Visit site
When I bought my used 2007 FZ6, it did not have an owners manual. I bought a new, unused one on eBay and was told it was an original manual from Yamaha. I like to keep a manual on a bike and there is a rectangular pocket under the seat that is about the size of an owners manual, and I assumed that is what it was for. The manual I got is too large and will not fit in it. Is that not where the manual is supposed to go, or did I get a non original manual?

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 2008 third hand and it didn't come with a manual. But I've looked at the PDF versions and suspected that it would not have fit in that 'depression' in the underseat panel. I expect the best answer will come from somebody who bought their bike new.

Chris

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Second hand also. Thoughts are; paper plus weather equals a bad combination. Unless you have a weather proof container and a drying agent of some kind. Then the space required grows...

Sounds like your best bet is add on luggage or carry it on you with the registration perhaps?

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
I bought mine new and the manual was in a separate envelope of documents. A toolkit was the only thing under the seat, the manual I have would probably fit there though. Hope this helps!

Just noticed you're on the other side of the pond, there may be differences in the EU and USA manuals and delivery itineraries?

Last edited:

PZ 1

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. It seems strange that there is not a place to keep the owners manual on the bike. In the past they were always meant to be kept on a vehicle. My old Kawasaki has a special compartment with a door just for the manual. They can be helpful to have on the road for the maintenance and troubleshooting information. When there used to be a wiring diagram in the manual, it could be a lifesaver - unfortunately they do not have that anymore.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine was bought used from my friend, (the original ower) and I don't think was ever on the bike..

Its currently atop my main tool box but agreed, it needs to be carried on the bike (where it'd be more usefull in an emergency).

Inside a ziplock bag, I'd think it would fit under the seat. May tackle that today as I've been putting it off...

I have a dumb phone, it only makes / recieves phone calls, so a PDF file on a 2" screen isn't possible (nor readable ((too small)) even if I did have smart phone-need close up glasses to read it)

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You all are having me unsure if I have one under my seat now haha. I know my Ninja did, I'll have to check when I get home

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought maybe you could read the manual and retain some of the important specs. on the bike. This way if you don't have a smartphone for a PDF version you'll have it in your head.
You might be out on the road and have to take it to a shop who don't have specs. and procedure. I have a gmail account and can put stuff in the cloud where I have access from any internet connection. Just remember to sign out of your account after downloading from the cloud.

I also hardly ever ride my bike without my tankbag.

If you can spend the money have the manual printed and bound in a smaller format where it will physically fit under the seat with a flexible magnifier.

Or better yet.....
nexusae0_Iron_Man_Mark_VII_HUD_design_By_Jayse_Hansen_1400_thumb.png