Oz's Question Of The Day #87 (9/5/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
Alright. You guys have proven to be very smart. Here's a problem rated at "difficult." If this is still easy for you guys, we're moving up to "very difficult," and frankly, I haven't solved any of those on my own.:ban:

Remember to PM your answer, and make a post if you want rep points.

A man has two cubes on his desk at work. Everyday he arranges both cubes so that the front faces show the current day of the month. Both cubes have to be used every day, and there are no blank faces.

What numbers are on cube 1, and on cube 2?

Note: You can't represent the third day with a single cube with a side that says 3 on it. You have to use both cubes all the time. So the 3rd day would be "03."

Good Luck!

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
Not a big turn out this time... was it too hard or are we all busy on the weekends?
Well done to those that guessed.

Answer:

Cube One has the following numbers: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Cube two has the following numbers: 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8

The 6 doubles as a 9 when turned the other way around. <-- this was critical

There is no day 00, but you still need the 0 on both cubes in order to make all the numbers between 01 and 09.

Winner: craig007

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not a big turn out this time... was it too hard or are we all busy on the weekends?
Well done to those that guessed.

Answer:

Cube One has the following numbers: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Cube two has the following numbers: 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8

The 6 doubles as a 9 when turned the other way around. <-- this was critical

There is no day 00, but you still need the 0 on both cubes in order to make all the numbers between 01 and 09.

Winner: craig007

Hah that was a good one. Unfortunately I got here a day late. Either way, it would've taken me quite a bit to realize the 6 and 9 trick. I knew you needed 0,1 and 2 on both but then I couldn't figure out how to squeeze in there. Then I thought, maybe this is one of those questions that has you trying to figure out something that is impossible, but remembered I've seen these things in the flesh before. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.