Passenger Comfort & Travel Accessories?

aehrman

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm very close to selecting the FZ6 as my first bike........but one of my major questions/concerns is passenger comfort. I got "approval" from the Mrs. to get a bike and we'll be using the bike for weekend getaway's in the midwest US around the Great Lakes and beyond. I want to make sure that my wife is going to be comfortable for extended rides, though.

Can anyone comment on the passenger comfort and availability of adequate travel/luggage cases and accessories?

Thanks!
T.

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
search for some of Steveindenmark's posts in here. He's been touring the hell out of his Fazer, with his wife as a passenger, and the bike performes brilliantly. My girfriend rides two up with me on my 07 Fazer all the time, and she has never felt uncomfortable. So two answer your question: go for it! :)

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
My g/f rides with alot as we have traveled across the south east and she has a few opinions.

The passenger seat could be a bit better in comfort and shape. It is sloped downward and she tends to slide forward a bit.

Steve recommends the peg lowers, however for the price and only dropping roughly an inch, Im not quite sold on them yet.

Also, look into a back rest, or get a givi rack and run some sort of tail bag. Jordan will lean on the bags from time to time, but mainly its just a since of security.

Start with small trips and work the bugs as you go along. Dont make the first one a supper long one.

Also, look into some sort of intercom system. Its makes it much more enjoyable to be able to communicate easily and cary on convo's while riding.

Just my .02

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
My gf did 300 miles with me to Mexico and back. Totally fine in comfort. Just stop every 50 miles or so or she'll be sore. This is on the stock seat and jeans...leathers would probably be even more comfy. Good luck! It's a great tourer!

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go for it. As you can see plenty of us here have done 2up with the FZ6 with little or no complaints what so ever. With regards to luggages, well sky's the limit or at least how deep your wallet is. You can go for various types of luggages, soft or hard. Even a topcase (large or small) helps out, it also serves a dual purpose (something for the passenger to lean back on). I personally have the saddlebags and topcase from Givi and serves me very well for those long trips.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm very close to selecting the FZ6 as my first bike........but one of my major questions/concerns is passenger comfort. I got "approval" from the Mrs. to get a bike and we'll be using the bike for weekend getaway's in the midwest US around the Great Lakes and beyond. I want to make sure that my wife is going to be comfortable for extended rides, though.

Can anyone comment on the passenger comfort and availability of adequate travel/luggage cases and accessories?

Thanks!
T.

I love the FZ6 but can't imagine hauling a passenger for an extended period plus luggage!

I might suggest another better alternative if you need a 650 cc bike but with a little more space for two-upping and luggage....the Suzuki V-Strom 650....

url

there is the large 1000 cc version also but it is a different sort of bike.

Fred