PCV + Autotune. Do I need an o2 sensor?

GhengisT

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Just picked up an '05 FZ6. It has TB slip on and I believe stock air filter (haven't checked, too much fun riding). PCV appears the superior choice, and was hoping to use the auto tune module. Since I'm gen1 and don't have an o2 sensor, I imagine the auto tune isn't going to be an option?

If that's the case, Juice Box has some good reviews and I'm not into the granular tuning, just reliable operation to/from work. Anyone care to share some insight?

Federico

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

I get reliable operation to and from work stock.:don'tknow:

Autotune well need a wideband o2 sensor. The kit is around $300 and you should be able to get an o2 sensor bung welded into your exhaust fairly cheap.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

I get reliable operation to and from work stock.:don'tknow:

Autotune well need a wideband o2 sensor. The kit is around $300 and you should be able to get an o2 sensor bung welded into your exhaust fairly cheap.

Agreed, pretty reliable as is.

If you buy a new kit most come with a bung so drill a hole and weld it in. If not, grab a M18x1.5mm bung. Also, you need to block the AIS or disable it to achieve proper AFR or just unplug it.

What is your goal? What are you trying to achieve?

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up an '05 FZ6. It has TB slip on and I believe stock air filter (haven't checked, too much fun riding). PCV appears the superior choice, and was hoping to use the auto tune module. Since I'm gen1 and don't have an o2 sensor, I imagine the auto tune isn't going to be an option?

If that's the case, Juice Box has some good reviews and I'm not into the granular tuning, just reliable operation to/from work. Anyone care to share some insight?

Make sure you take more money for fuel with you.
It'll end up in R1 fuel consumption area.

GhengisT

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
I'm aiming to capitalize on the extra breathing room the TB exhaust provides. I'm also pretty happy with my current milage so I may scrap the idea. Although I do plan on a track day or two every few months, but 90% commute with canyons in between and she has plenty of power for that.

Anybody know what fuel consumption looks like with TB Juice box + TB Exhaust (default map)? I'd probably avoid going with the extra bung weld-in.

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
I get around 43MPG on my stock naked bike with a topcase riding like a sane
person around town, 2500-4500 revs. My friend on a FZ6 with a fairing had
about the same even if he usually rides a gear lower.

First he put on a leovince exhaust.. 2-3MPG drop, could be due to twisting the
throttle more. Put on the PC, BAM, 33-34MPG.

No other mods.