POST your Tune Map, Bazzaz, PCIII, PCV - AutoTune, Z-AFM

BlackAndBlue

Reaction score
Visit site
I am running hellgates map on my all stock 07 now and it is definitely way better than the 04 map that power commander provides for download. My fuel efficiency went up roughly 40% and throttle response is much smoother.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just remember if you install new/used fuel controller; connect it to your PC and set/verify your TPS values SPECIFIC to your bike before running around town.

^^ Did you verify that? Its programmed to be in the middle and that may work. But its critical number at idle so be sure to check it and verify the top too (WOT), although not as critical from a driveability standpoint

I am running hellgates map on my all stock 07 now and it is definitely way better than the 04 map that power commander provides for download. My fuel efficiency went up roughly 40% and throttle response is much smoother.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wording could be better on my part - map vs controller. When a controller is installed the TPS values need set. Those should be independent of the maps.

BlackAndBlue

Reaction score
Visit site
You mean the PCIII unit itself? That may never have been done by the p.o. it seemed pretty good when I did look at it initially though. It was 0 when closed and showed 5 on very little input. I didn't check WOT though. So you're saying if it is right now then I don't need to check it again of I switch to a different map?

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You mean the PCIII unit itself? That may never have been done by the p.o. it seemed pretty good when I did look at it initially though. It was 0 when closed and showed 5 on very little input. I didn't check WOT though. So you're saying if it is right now then I don't need to check it again of I switch to a different map?

Sorry - confused with a different bike. Thought you installed F/C...
Reference is something like this (pic below), but this is NOT DJ, its from a Bazzaz unit. Slowly open and close the throttle, key on, PC connected and verify the TPS voltage reported to the Software Repeats the same value. Enter that value in the software for Fully Closed position. Its part of the PC install but should be verified.

"Read Closed" and "Read Open" calibration values.... The ECM and F/C need to be on the same page.
attachment.php

Does that make sense?

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
The power commander has a slightly different way of reading (it gives some arbitrary value instead of a TPS voltage reading). You can reset the TPS values on the power commander III by plugging it in to your computer and choosing "Power Commander Tools -> Set Throttle Position". Keep the throttle completely closed, and chose to reset the values. It will set your zero point, and then open the throttle smoothly to WOT and it will set your max point.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The power commander has a slightly different way of reading (it gives some arbitrary value instead of a TPS voltage reading). You can reset the TPS values on the power commander III by plugging it in to your computer and choosing "Power Commander Tools -> Set Throttle Position". Keep the throttle completely closed, and chose to reset the values. It will set your zero point, and then open the throttle smoothly to WOT and it will set your max point.

Next time you visit your love, pop a DJ screen shot of the TPS method... :thumbup: :D

Sl!pstream

XJ Fanboy
Reaction score
Visit site
Necropost, but here is the PC-V map EDR did for my bike.

Conditions of dyno tune:

Fuel: Chevron 91 octane
Elevation: Approx. +185 feet/57 m
Timing: STOCK
Exhaust mod: Tiger US-800 dual carbon slip-ons
Emissions mods: Pair valves (air injection) plugged

Output figures are below others I've seen posted here, and I'm told EDRs dyno overrates a tad, so I'm definitely going to be looking for improvement in the future. Uploader doesn't seem to want to let me upload a zip with the map file, so here's a screenshot of the relevant values in the table.

edr tune.jpg001.jpg

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last years map on a Bazzaz made with a Z-AFM data logger. Do keep in mind header is S1 (no CAT), Mid-pipe is pass through, Exhaust is 2Bro open, Air box mod, timing advanced to 11.5° (stock is 5°) and it has AIS block off plates. It runs out well.
Map target is 13.0:1 AFR for anything over 10% TPS. 5% and closed are 12.9 and 12.7 at 0%. Its There is little to no perceivable throttle snatch. Blank spots means its fueling from the OEM ECU MAP.
M5.FZ6.13.0AFR.NEW08-22.zfm1Post_zpsa8ywf6nu.jpg

This is just snap shot of one ride logging results. I have since dialed in some of those values. Obviously with the throttle closed at 10K the AFR reads crazy but the engine isn't under load so it's not a concern.
AFR.100mi-1stop_zps1cbh9xvo.jpg

KB2WYL

CQ CQ, DE KB2WYL
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I searched all the old threads. Few maps posted, that I already have, or are very similar. None of them from bikes with the trigger mod. [MENTION=15974]FinalImpact[/MENTION], is the pic of those cell settings still pretty close to what you're running? I know you have said you are still working it in, but I noticed this is the same pic in a few different threads. For mine, I would like to try it out at least. I have not been pleased (of course, wasn't expecting to be) with any of the other maps I've tried as they are all so far off from my bikes setup. But, your bike and mine are close.

So, I can just copy the data manually into my cell structure. PCFC and Bazaaz set up the same way as far as that goes, just different files so I can't do it automatically via downloads.

Aside from the map you have made with these cell settings, trying to achieve the 13.0, does the Bazzaz have any settings for the closed loop as well? The PCFC lets me adjust the entire closed loop as a whole, so I can trick the ECU into thinking that the O2 sensor is telling it more lean, or more rich, than it really is. If you're not altering that in yours, I'll try just setting it at zero. I have been getting fair results from setting it a little rich so far, but that's while running a zero map.

Thanks,

Lroen

Suchdankverymemes

Reaction score
Visit site
All of the map threads I've found are very old and I haven't been able to find anything. I've got an 06 with a Leo, decat, and airbox mod. I'm hoping to find something close to mine so that I at least have a place to start.

Ivas231

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you send me that map? I'm getting around 30mpg on my 2010 fx6.