Peace from wind noise.

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to all you lovely people. To all of you that have been a part of my life in some way, I truely hope you are all doing well. <3

So to what brings me searching this forum today:

I've been riding sans earplugs for pretty much my entire 14 years of riding. I tried them once, found them very uncomfortable with pressure on them from the helmet, and never tried again. These days I don't get out of NYC very often so it hasn't been too big of a deal, but as I've been itching for adventures again, and slowly improving some things I've put off for years, I think about how I don't want my mild tinitus to get any worse.

I recently purchased the Shoei Neotec 3 helmet and its surprising how much wind noise I still get while using it. I don't find it that much quieiter than my over 10 years old Shoei Qwest (I know I should have replaced it at least 5 years ago), it just doesn't beat me up anywhere near as much. I was really hoping that it would make all the difference in the world and it hasn't, just a minor one.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to drastically reduce the windnoise on their FZ6 somehow? Maybe with the addition of fork wind deflectors? Any setup that you found allows you to ride comfortably on the highway without earplugs? I do already have the large sized "Puig Clip-On Windscreen Visor" added onto my stock windscreen, but the only way I can get it to no earplugs needed volume is in an extreme tuck. I would also be willing to upgrade the stock windscreen too and I was eyeing trying one of the California Scientific ones but don't want to waste my money if its not a big improvement.

Hey! Hope you're doing well! I've done some experimentation with ear plugs because I didn't want to completely attenuate noise while I using my Sena gear.. Being the crafty ape that I am, I've done some experimentation by altering earplugs and coming up with a set that I shortened that didn't interfere when wearing my helmet.
There are so many physical variation to all of our ears and requirements that it would be hard to come up with a perfect solution. I found a type of earplug that worked for me including cutting the length to fit my needs and not interfere with my helmet.
Stay safe!

Back