Probably a repost, but OMG..

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Literally made me laugh out loud!! :rof:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaOVNqA7lBA"]An unusual crash for two race bikes - YouTube[/ame]

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oldie but a goodie. Pretty sure there is a version to Benny Hill music. :D

One of the beauties of getting old.. I'm pretty sure I've seen it myself before, but enough time has past for it to be brand new to me :D

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't have thought tip over switches would be a good idea on a race bike due to the extreme lean angles they achieve (35 degrees for MotoGP isn't it?). But you would think there'd be a remote kill: so the pit lane could shut it off in the event of the rider requiring shoveling off the track.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha nice. Made me giggle. Reminds me of when 2 bucks get their antlers stuck together, although that usually has a worse outcome for the deer..

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't have thought tip over switches would be a good idea on a race bike due to the extreme lean angles they achieve (35 degrees for MotoGP isn't it?). But you would think there'd be a remote kill: so the pit lane could shut it off in the event of the rider requiring shoveling off the track.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Agreed 100% however, with all the elecronics on bikes nowadays, I would think it wouldn't be hard to program in the ECU (or modify the TOS) when the rear wheel is spinning at say 30 MPH and the front wheel isn't moving, there is indeed an issue.

You can lean your FZ to the limits of the tires without tripping the TOS. Yes their leaning more, but say 70 degrees (don't know the exact #'s), It is a bit less than 90 degrees (flat on its side)... and in a perfect world, turn off

I also thought (and could very well be wrong,) that the riders have a tether to them and to the bike. If the rider is off the bike for some reason (a get off), it kills the engine (like a boat safety igntion switch).

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I also thought (and could very well be wrong,) that the riders have a tether to them and to the bike. If the rider is off the bike for some reason (a get off), it kills the engine (like a boat safety igntion switch).

No jetski-style tether in moto racing, as far as I know, BUT.. new Indian bikes use remote key. If you're 10 or more feet from bike, the bike turns off. On one hand.. this would work, on the other hand, the more tech you add, the more items you have which can fail :don'tknow: