Projectors pointing downwards - Retrofit Morimoto Mini H1

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
GTPAddict and I tried to complete the HID mod on 04 Fz6 today; I had earlier taken the headlight assembly off and did the cooking (taken the lens off and painted the reflectors) and then GTPAddict graciously dropped by to perform the actual mod.

I would also like to point out that Retrofit is actually located in Atlanta so instead of placing an order, I actually stopped by their office and grabbed a " Mini H1 III: LHD,3Five,5K,H7,MiniGG" kit. I was told that I might need to cut the shrouds a bit to get the positioning of the projectors correct. After much experimenting and cutting the shrouds to get the positioning correct, our efforts were to no avail. The projectors seem to straighten just a tad bit but the beams are still pointed downwards and not cool at all...

It seems like there are quite a few members who have installed this kit/product... How do the shrouds/housing should be modified to get the position of the projectors of this particular kit correct (or we are missing something else)?