Queries on Racetech Fork Springs

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Have recently ordered a set of Racetech fork springs and am waiting for them to arrive... ordered on the 1st and supposedly will arrive with me in the UK by the 16th at the earliest, not much riding going on here at the moment though as the snow has got us, would be the perfect time to get 'em fitted! :rockon:

Anyway, back to the subject, :spank:

A couple of queries for those who have previously fitted these springs;

1) Anyone find that the springs were of a different length to the stockers? and if so by how much?

2) I believe a section of preload spacer is supplied with the kit (really hoping so), anyone recall how long this was? Wouldn't mind having two different sets of preload spacers.

Firstly so that I can test out and see what I prefer, depending on this they may possibly serve as different setups for the street and track, bit more compliant on the road, and a bit stiffer for heavy braking on the track, as I understand there pretty easy to switch with the forks in the bike. :thumbup:

The main reason I'm curious is that with this info I should be able to figure if I'm going to have enough spacer, or not as I believe will be the case, and then I can get on the hunt for an equivalent if needs be.

Any info would be much appreciated,

Yamahaboyz

Last edited:

stanco

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Have recently ordered a set of Racetech fork springs and am waiting for them to arrive... ordered on the 1st and supposedly will arrive with me in the UK by the 16th at the earliest, not much riding going on here at the moment though as the snow has got us, would be the perfect time to get 'em fitted! :rockon:

Anyway, back to the subject, :spank:

A couple of queries for those who have previously fitted these springs;

1) Anyone find that the springs were of a different length to the stockers? and if so by how much?

2) I believe a section of preload spacer is supplied with the kit (really hoping so), anyone recall how long this was? Wouldn't mind having two different sets of preload spacers.

Firstly so that I can test out and see what I prefer, depending on this they may possibly serve as different setups for the street and track, bit more compliant on the road, and a bit stiffer for heavy breaking on the track, as I understand there pretty easy to switch with the forks in the bike. :thumbup:

The main reason I'm curious is that with this info I should be able to figure if I'm going to have enough spacer, or not as I believe will be the case, and then I can get on the hunt for an equivalent if needs be.

Any info would be much appreciated,

Yamahaboyz

The stock springs are longer, but I didn't measure it, so I reckon it's jus a few cm diff.

Mine came with the spacer. 1 tube of abt 40-50cm, gotta saw it myself.

Anyway if u wanna adjust the preload with ease, u can actually use the preload adjustor from tdm900. It's plug n play for fz6 if u can find it.

Hope it helps.

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
The stock springs are longer, but I didn't measure it, so I reckon it's jus a few cm diff.

Mine came with the spacer. 1 tube of abt 40-50cm, gotta saw it myself.

Anyway if u wanna adjust the preload with ease, u can actually use the preload adjustor from tdm900. It's plug n play for fz6 if u can find it.

Hope it helps.

Thank you Stanco, this info is very useful, specially about the TDM900 Fork Caps, gonna be hard to find tho!

It is indeed, however the reason I asked was because I was looking for a specific value, thank you for the link tho, didn't find that particular thread whilst searching :eek:

Yamahaboyz