question about going naked....

ninjarob

Reaction score
Visit site
im fairly new on the forum post wise but ive been lurking for quite awhile about going naked because i love the look soooo much. my question is (and because i cant seem to find a definite answer through searching) if i buy the fz6n kit for my 08 fz6 (the kit is for the rectangle speedo) but it says its for a fazer which i dont believe mine is. will it work to get me naked? and a side question is if it does will i be able to swap out the stock naked light for an awesome light of my choosing like the KMP4 headlight? any help would be much appericated thanks in advance!!

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
As I understand it, Fazer is just another name given to our bike. As long as you have the FZ6 (known by most as the S2), and NOT the FZ6R, then the kit should fit.

With that said, you could avoid potential confusion and contact the member on this forum who sells the naked conversion kits. I believe they come with everything you need and instructions as well. I'm sure one of these guys will know who I'm talking about.

[MENTION=15974]FinalImpact[/MENTION] [MENTION=2579]Motogiro[/MENTION] [MENTION=6338]TownsendsFJR1300[/MENTION]

Edit: Sorry about the mention, fellas. I ended up using my eyes and found the thread myself. :spank::spank:

To the OP, here is the thread that will help you. As it turns out, dev_usc is the guy you're looking for.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/54533-cant-find-vs2-headlight-kit.html

Last edited:

ninjarob

Reaction score
Visit site
now if i were to get the kit could i use all the hardware and stuff from that to swich out the headlight provided to something more to my liking?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
now if i were to get the kit could i use all the hardware and stuff from that to swich out the headlight provided to something more to my liking?

I believe the headlight that comes with that naked kit is a 35 watt dual filament lamp and you'll want to upgrade to a standard H4 dual filament lamp which is standard wattage.

When you use a standard dual filament H4 lamp the lo beam filament must be turned off when the hi beam filament is turned on. The faired FZ6 does not provide this switching and you might contact bd43 to see if he still has the kit to make it work correctly. :)

For mounting your instrument cluster there is a member LeaN69 that makes a mounting bracket for that. [MENTION=14141]LeaN69[/MENTION]

Last edited:

ninjarob

Reaction score
Visit site
i have that mod done already thank you :rockon: but to be more specific i suppose id want to change the entire light housing not just the bulb it self (which would be done as well if thats what it comes with)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i have that mod done already thank you :rockon: but to be more specific i suppose id want to change the entire light housing not just the bulb it self (which would be done as well if thats what it comes with)

Good on the conversion!
I think you may be thinking of a HID projector one of our members (degake) did the HID projector conversion for a naked headlamp assembly. I think the headlamp was an OEM/Stock naked assembly from Yamaha. :)
[MENTION=15517]degake[/MENTION]